App Store not seeing Final Cut Pro X store purchase

Posted by craig seeman 
Re: App Store not seeing Final Cut Pro X store purchase
June 28, 2011 07:17PM
I did the install thing yesterday and didn't get that message. So far no extra credit card purchases. The amount of the original charge is wrong though lol. They seemed to have charged less to my credit card. There is still a weird $1.00 charge pending from iTunes. No idea what that is about.

June 28, 2011 07:31PM
In the App Store does it now show:
Price ($349 for you I guess)
INSTALL
INSTALLED
under Final Cut Pro

A $1 charge from iTunes? Perhaps in order to fix the issue that had to charge something for the second download as a purchase so they added a minimum amount.

Does the iTunes charge coincide with the 2nd download?

BTW you mentioned that at $349 (AUS?) seemed higher than it should have been. Perhaps they adjusted.
June 28, 2011 07:40PM
My bank statement often has strange $1 charges from Apple when I make a purchase, followed by another charge of the full amount minus $1. I think it must be some sort of card verification thing.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
June 28, 2011 07:45PM
Oh yeah, must be verification, you're right. The purchase price has come though as $338.23. I'm gonna take a punt and say it's probably adjusted for the current value of our dollar (which is actually higher than the US dollar, as I noted, so really I should have been paying less than $300, but whatever) but the $1 charge is still pending, so it might still be revoked. Probably will be revoked since it hasn't come through at the same time as the purchase.

June 28, 2011 07:58PM
Initial purchase or are you saying a second purchase was just added?
June 28, 2011 08:48PM
In another forum someone with the same issue posted this:

I've been on the phone with apple for HOURS trying to figure this issue out and basically they have no idea what the problem is and without me even asking or suggesting they gave me a full refund!? So as of now they do not seem like they have any idea as to what is happening, they did say that they are aware of the problem and they have other cases that are the same.

Jude double check that you didn't just get billed for the second purchase.
The above information implies that Apple will offer a refund so that one can attempt to purchase again . . . or give up and walk away.

How the the App Store be a reliable means for purchase for a professional (or even a consumer actually)?
June 28, 2011 10:31PM
No - no second charge. Sorry if that was ambiguous. So far just the one charge.

June 28, 2011 11:15PM
Thanks for that. You are truly courageous with your credit card. Just make sure you don't have 100 purchases on your account in two weeks. How Apple is keeping track of these is certainly not evident by the App Store's behavior.
July 04, 2011 04:25AM
Thank you for sharing this information. Although I don't like the "unprofessional" nature of how Apple's App Store/iTunes store is handling the situation, its good to know that we aren't getting charged twice.
July 04, 2011 08:40AM
In my case, after much time on the phone, they suggest I trash FCPX and download it again. That worked and it now shows as installed and I was able to install it on my other workstation without issue.

Two day later I got an email from Apple saying they've resolved the issue in their system so others shouldn't experience either . . . although I'm hearing otherwise.

If Apple is going to sell "Pro Apps" through the App Store, they should have LIVE phone support as standard for installation issues. No professional can afford or tolerate days delay or email limits when installation is mission critical to their work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics