Is there anywhere you can still get the Avid $995 deal?

Posted by Ethan 
Is there anywhere you can still get the Avid $995 deal?
June 27, 2011 02:45PM
If I have to completely re-train myself, then avid makes more sense. Oh to be able to export a change list.

I know FCP is supposeed to have done this through, the film list thing, but I confess to never getting it to work correctly.
Re: Is there anywhere you can still get the Avid $995 deal?
June 27, 2011 02:49PM
This would be an Avid Community forum question:

[community.avid.com]

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

June 27, 2011 03:10PM
Thanks, I registered and posted.
June 27, 2011 03:54PM
Videoguys.com [www.webvideoguys.com] have just sent me an email for the Avid Crossgrade try there.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
June 27, 2011 04:06PM
Yep, the guys over at the Avid community board turned me onto them, and I bought it. The last time I bought from them I bought Premeire and the origional Miro card.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Apparently they've got discounted Premeire too until the 30th.
June 27, 2011 07:01PM
"Oh to be able to export a change list. I know FCP is supposeed to have done this through the film list thing, but I confess to never getting it to work correctly."

this is handled by Cinema Tools, and requires you to establish a CT database of your project's media.
it's been a while since i used it, (for a Workprint Pos-Conform, so that gives you some idea of how long ago it was!) but the change lists definitely worked.

as far as i know the CT change lists are not usable by the sound team, they are specifically for film.

nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics