FCPX Feature Wish List

Posted by Ben King 
Re: FCPX Feature Wish List
August 13, 2011 10:08AM
No. 35. Add handles. It's there. Sort of. Used clips doesn't mean a portion of a clip used in a project, it means the entire clip for which any part is used.

All the best,

Tom
August 13, 2011 10:57AM
Number one on my list as well. A scrolling timeline like iMovie for iPad has:

September 29, 2011 06:31PM
External monitoring that will not be limited to only those with only the latest Thunderbolt equipped Macs. My 1 year old, 12 core with 20 gigs ram and Nvidia FX4800 card is not ready to be traded in or trashed.
Steve

steve-sharksdelight
October 12, 2011 08:20AM
Revert to last version closed, or state when first opened. I do this manually now, by keeping a duplicate project. That takes time and disk space.

Allow a "Set Default Audio Properties" choice in Preferences. I never edit in 5:1, would like it to default to Stereo
November 26, 2011 12:48PM
I'd like for each project to retain its own keyword editor. Since multiple projects are very likely to have very different keyword collections this has come up as an important needed feature. We are only permitted 9 keyword collections that can use keyboard shortcuts. For each event or project to retain its own keyword editor would be a boon.
Steve

steve-sharksdelight
November 26, 2011 07:12PM
Desperately want a keyword editor for each event. Multiple events have a very diverse number of keywords and collections and with a choice of only 9 keywords that can be used with keyboard shortcuts, having to delete some from the editor just to make room for a new project/event is absurd.
Steve

steve-sharksdelight
November 26, 2011 07:15PM
Desperately want a keyword editor for each project/event. Multiple events will have many different keywords and collections and having to delete from one project/event to make room for the keywords applicable to another event is absurd.
Steve

steve-sharksdelight
December 02, 2011 11:28AM
I can't believe that Apple actually had FCP 8 in the can, 64bit and all and decided not to release it. Unreal!
Steve

steve-sharksdelight
December 02, 2011 12:09PM
I guess I can't believe equating rumor with "actual."
Richard Harrington later stated that he was just repeating what he heard and had no direct knowledge.

While some of us might anthropomorphize business decisions (and apparently even the Supreme Court has done that), what some might see as hubris is really economic decision making (even if companies miscalculate).

A decision not to release something after investing development costs has to include a cost benefit analysis that didn't meet either short or long term financial objectives.
December 02, 2011 12:13PM
We all would have purchased it anyway, even if it only had a few new features. It seems bizarre to take a finished product and not try to recoup at least some of your costs, which is why I think it can't possibly be true.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
December 02, 2011 01:39PM
[www.appleinsider.com]
Steve

steve-sharksdelight
December 02, 2011 01:45PM
I don't doubt that Apple experimented with 64-bit builds of Final Cut Pro (possibly with an unreleased 64-bit version of QuickTime) but I find it difficult to believe that they would take it all the way to a finished product and then scrap it just before it was released.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
December 02, 2011 01:48PM
Who knows the answer to that one Jon but wouldn't it have been great to have seen it come to fruition. It would have saved a lot of griping.
Steve

steve-sharksdelight
December 02, 2011 01:48PM

I can't believe that Apple actually had FCP 8 in the can, 64bit and all and decided not to release it. Unreal!

Not exactly germane to the topic. Can't you start a rant thread so I can be sure not to follow it?

Andy
December 02, 2011 02:17PM
Richard Harrington, who that information was taken from, stated he was misquoted and that he had no direct information.
I think Jon's doubts are probably more sound.

One might guess that FCP8 is feature request but I think we should limit it to FCPX feature requests at this stage in product development. winking smiley
December 02, 2011 03:40PM
Trust me when I say this rumor is 100% false. Never happened.

Michael Horton
-------------------
January 05, 2012 02:17PM
In addition to the LONG list of edit functionality features well covered here, I would need complete restoration of XML, EDL, OMF, output to AJA cards, dual monitors and professional decks. I would also like to see development of tools for stereo, and RED Epic native editing support.

It seems Apple should move forward with two different products, X for the new market they are pushing toward, and continue to develop 7 as a pro line.
Highly doubt this will happen, but also don't see them restoring everything that 7 had into X.

Looking into Avid, unfortunately. Hoping to avoid it, but FCP's future doesn't look good for most pro, and all feature film users.

Paul Buhl
774-521-9000
Feature Film Editor
www.paulbuhl.com
Editorial Staff
www.hydraulx.com
January 05, 2012 02:22PM
plbhl Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------->
> Looking into Avid, unfortunately. Hoping to avoid
> it, but FCP's future doesn't look good for most
> pro, and all feature film users.

Avid Media Composer 6 is really really good and works with all our existing FCP hardware. This from someone who hated all things Avid until very recently.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
biscardicreative.com
January 05, 2012 03:29PM
I don't understand why do people still asks and fill a wish list for a software that does not care, in other words doesn't give a Shi.... to editors and those who make a living on editing.
Why wish that Apple, who didn't care about a community of millions, to change a piece of Shi... in to an App that simply is far, so far, but so far, from the best post-production studio utilities that is still the king on this planet.
No matter what FCP X is not an editing tool.
I still prefer the 32 bit full power of post-production of Final Cut Studio rather then the 64 bit of pure lack of professionalism from Apple.

Yes, Apple say that it is time to change, Apple is right, do change, but not to FCP X.

Rui Barros
Editor Colorist Trainer
Lisbon, Portugal
RTP Post-Production
Apple Certified Trainer FCP 7
Apple Certified Pro FCP 7
March 14, 2012 03:46PM
Completely assume a non-track based timeline. We think and visualize in space so fcpx has to do away with "primary", "secondary" storylines. For this, we need a track free working space for clips that still keeps the vertical hierarchy. this will enable to freely tryout :
- blending modes without the actual constraints and strong limitations due to the storylines forced vertical management of clips.
- parallel storylines with immediate visual feedback (roles, but graphical way)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics