Python -- What are your thoughts?

Posted by Lisha 
Python -- What are your thoughts?
June 29, 2011 02:38PM
Hello to all,

So I just heard that Python is being released? Thoughts?
Re: Python -- What are your thoughts?
June 29, 2011 03:54PM
Python? Like the programming language?

www.strypesinpost.com
June 29, 2011 04:27PM
No, I am going to release some snakes. Not saying where or when, but keep an eye out.
I've been getting them ready by undermining their confidence and teaching them to make selfish decisions on the spur of the moment. Not just pythons either. Asps, rattlers, 'condas, tree snakes. A whole bunch of them.
And they know how to use Compressor as well. So after they get you, we won't know right away because your work will still be showing up on the net in well compressed H264.
Snakes - because sweltering through the heat wasn't enough fun.
Snakes - look out behind... oh never mind they're EVERYWHERE!
Snakes - In this hand, a shepherds crook, in this hand, venomy nerve damage.
Snakes - Want guidance through the whole FCPX brouhaha? Go to LAFCPUG.ohmygodtherearesnakesinmyRAIDenclosesure!

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
June 29, 2011 07:12PM
Snakes on a RAID. Heh.

June 30, 2011 12:12AM
...more information please?

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

June 30, 2011 03:41AM
[www.python.org]

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
June 30, 2011 05:05AM
they are some traces of Python code in Fcp X. (Might be the foundation of the App "new" XML and even replace OMF - at least in Apple's mind)

so this thread could be moved in the new section
June 30, 2011 08:34PM
As mentioned above there "were traces of Python" found in an XML reference in the FCP X application. This was part of the news item that broke earlier in the week that gaves SOME people hope that FCP had a bunch of XML extensible stuff already built into the app but it wasn't brought into the UI as it wasn't ready for prime time.

The Python thing is not a big deal in this case. Python is much like Perl. It is a scripting language and like Perl is part of the UNIX substructure built into OS X. Python is considered to be a more powerful and more modern language. It is commonly used by web developers when building back end web apps.
July 12, 2011 02:02PM
I HEARD that Python was going to be released at the end of the month and it would shut up everyone not happy with the FCP X release. That's all it got.
July 12, 2011 03:46PM
I don't think Apple's going to solve all of the problems with FCPX just by releasing an API.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
July 12, 2011 11:33PM
It'll be a good start tho.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics