What Happened To ProRes LT?

Posted by marcus_sg 
What Happened To ProRes LT?
June 30, 2011 05:21AM
What Happened To ProRes LT in FCP X? Did Apple drop it? Why ?!
Re: What Happened To ProRes LT?
June 30, 2011 11:37AM
There are some features that is probably delayed due to the lack of time. Dropping some of the ProRes flavours is one of them, not that it isn't good. My guess is that ProRes LT does a bit of dithering to reduce compression artifacts, and that may take a while longer to port over to FCP X/AV Foundation.

www.strypesinpost.com
June 30, 2011 11:46AM
ProRes LT isn't an option in the QT export dialog and I assumed it was just an oversight on Apple's part, not that they had removed the codec. I still have ProRes LT on my system and can use it with Compressor, but then again, I have Final Cut Studio installed. Can someone with only FCPX on their system (that has never installed Final Cut Studio) confirm that ProRes LT is an option in QuickTime Player 7 or Compressor?

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
June 30, 2011 01:37PM
ProResLT is there in Export to Movie, but not import or Project codec.
June 30, 2011 01:41PM
Ah yes, you're right. Strange... I could swear there were fewer options before.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
June 30, 2011 01:51PM
Jon Chappell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ah yes, you're right. Strange... I could swear
> there were fewer options before.

So many little things like that really makes me think this is a beta. I don't find that disheartening because I don't think these issues are by design. I think they're going to get fixed/improved. I think the fundamental design concepts are sound. They've got lots of fixes and there's lots of smaller "feature requests" that I think are easy to deliver.
August 04, 2011 11:52AM
Along these lines, is LT viable for input to FCP X?

I've been using it to convert iphone clips into FCP 7 and it offers quality comparable to the original and saves space, but any hitches in using ProRes LT if I some day move to actually using FCP X (is LT a usable EDIT format moving forward?)

Bill Rogers
August 04, 2011 12:20PM
Pro-Res Lt works fine in FCP X. I transfer all my Canon 7D clips into Pro-Res LT before referencing to them.

I could imagine that updates will bring in more file types. I hope so
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics