CHV releases the first ever native FxPlug plugins for FCP X

Posted by Christoph Vonrhein 
CHV releases the first ever native FxPlug plugins for FCP X
July 13, 2011 01:17AM
I'd like to proudly announce that all of my FxPlug plugins and Quartz Composer based plugins are now fully compatible and available for download for Final Cut Pro X and Motion 5

The updated packages are:
- QC Integration FX
- Svengali Rays Pro
- Svengali Rays Lite
- 3D Video
- Key Pro
- CHV Magic 3D FX
- CHV Morphing FX (only works with Motion 5)
- CHV Particles Heaven FX
- CHV Shining FX
- CHV Towers of Film 3D FX

All new plugin packages have the version number V2.0.0

The update for existing customer is free! Your purchased Serial Numbers fully work with the newly updated plugins.

The plugins are a separate install and can fully coexist with the "classic" version of the plugins in case you have FCP 7 and FCP X installed on the same partition.

Questions? Let me know!

(Please forgive me Mike for the advertising, but I thought it is important to release some good news after FCP X gets bashed so much... especially that this is now the FIRST native set of FxPlug plugins ever for FCP X and Motion 5! :-) )

--
Christoph Vonrhein
[www.chv-plugins.com]
Re: CHV releases the first ever native FxPlug plugins for FCP X
July 13, 2011 09:33AM
Christoph Vonrhein Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> especially that this is now the FIRST native set of FxPlug plugins ever for FCP X and Motion 5! :-) )

http://www.noiseindustries.com/blog/announcements/final-cut-pro-x-motion-compressor-and-fxfactory-2-6-released/
July 13, 2011 09:56AM
Excellent Christoph

Michael Horton
-------------------
July 13, 2011 12:28PM
Noise Industries Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Christoph Vonrhein Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > especially that this is now the FIRST native set of FxPlug plugins ever for FCP X and Motion 5! :-)
>
> Really?
>
> [www.noiseindustries.com]
> final-cut-pro-x-motion-compressor-and-fxfactory-2-
> 6-released/blabla.html

Yes, Really!

To be more precise (and I should have added this in my original message, which I didn't because it was again 5 AM after an 18 hour day): My new plugins are FIRST ever native plugins AFTER the release of FCP X and Motion 5 and the release of the FxPlug 2.0 SDK (which was made public even later and not along with FCP X).

That's also exactly how I wrote it on the german discussion board, where you also left the useless "Really ?" comment. Don't rain on my parade, please. I also rain on yours!

I am not counting NI, because you were given the unfair royal treatment and so you were able to work on your (well... it's only one) plugin before anyone else.

I don't know why NI got this royal treatment from Apple and why none of the other 3rd party developers could get a beta... even though we were all literally begging for FCP X's beta.

And now, let's be friends and make some business.

--
Christoph Vonrhein
[www.chv-plugins.com]
July 13, 2011 12:30PM
I too thought that was a "snotty" response by NI to your post Christoph. Good for you!!

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

July 13, 2011 01:26PM
Christian,

I'm guessing from the description that your QC package does more or less the same thing as NI's package; that is: allowing one to create a QC composition with inputs that can be published as controls to FCP?

Also, I notice that you feature anti-aliased rendering and I'm wondering how this differs from how NI's package renders, because that was a specific roadblock I came to in trying to develop a QC based plugin that way about a year ago e.g. the render quality of moving an image in 3d space didn't deal well with high frequency detail in my results...but I might not have worked the problem through enough, I also got busy with something else winking smiley

Anyway I'd be interested to know

LMN
July 13, 2011 03:55PM
Yes, QC Integration FX does about the same thing like NI's package. QC Integration FX makes Quartz Composer files available as fully usable plugins for FCP, FCP X and Motion 2-5.

Inputs are created by publishing a input of a patch. The published name is then the name of the parameter. The type of the publish input defines what kind of parameter will be created.

For example:
If you publish a numeric input with the name "Fluffyness(0,100)", then you will get a slider called "Fluffyness" with the min-max values of 0-100. If you publish a numeric input with the name "Bending[-360,360]", then you will get an angle control with a min value of -360 and a max value of 360. The "[]" brackets make a numeric input create a angle control. Publish a color input and you will get a color parameter. And so on...

For a video filter you need an image input. To do that you setup a Input Splitter (for convenience) to "Image" and publish its input with the name "(Image)". This manual explains all the variations to create all sorts of input parameters.

The Anti-Aliasing feature of QC Integration FX is a so called "Full-Screen Anti-Aliasing". This means that everything will be antialiased. The Quartz Composer engine is known for creating jaggy edges. If you create a composition and you don't want those jaggies, then you usually struggle to get it done right. QC Integration's Anti-Aliasing feature helps you to create good looking results without the hassle.

--
Christoph Vonrhein
[www.chv-plugins.com]
July 13, 2011 08:10PM
Christoph,

Congratulations on being the quickest developer of FxPlug 2 compatible plug-ins for Motion 5 and Final Cut Pro X.

Alex

alex4d on twitter, facebook, .wordpress.com + .com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics