What was the app being used at last month's FCPUG to switch between 7 and X?

Posted by bkbkbk 
What was the app being used at last month's FCPUG to switch between 7 and X?
August 25, 2011 09:32PM
I keep trying to give FCPX a fair shot, but it crashes every single time I try to add text, or any other super with video from a lower layer visible (i.e. PIP or splitscreen). I want to re-download and re-install, but I don't want it to collide with my FCS3 install, which might be causing my problems in the first place.

I remember somebody at the July FCPUG meeting using a utility to switch his work environment between FCPX and FCP7 to avoid the codec/library collisions that happen when you install FCPX on the same partition at FCP7. Does anybody remember what this was called, or where to get it? I'd like to find it and read up on it before I start picking apart my system. Thanks!
Re: What was the app being used at last month's FCPUG to switch between 7 and X?
August 26, 2011 06:51AM
It was a script that Steve Kantor had written himself. I don't know if he's making it publicly available or not.

But as far as I'm aware, the script only moves the apps around the Applications folder. It does not prevent codec or framework collisions.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
Re: What was the app being used at last month's FCPUG to switch between 7 and X?
August 26, 2011 01:25PM
Gotcha. I thought he came up with a way to hide/lock components of X from 7, or something like that.

I suppose I'll just uninstall/reinstall and see which bugs I end up with this time. Seems like kind of a crapshoot. Thanks for the response!
August 27, 2011 01:06PM
Be sure to follow the best practices FAQ on the apple site to give you the best chance on an install that has both on the same partition.

Andy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics