Anyway to save a corrupted project in FCP X?

Posted by sethjake 
Anyway to save a corrupted project in FCP X?
September 08, 2011 05:54PM
I moved a FCP X project folder with its corresponding project via Finder to another drive and now I can't seem to open FCP X whenever it sees this project file. In other words, FCP X crashes every time it sees the project, regardless of which "Final Cut Projects" folder I put it into in any of my 3 drives. I realize I shouldn't have used Finder to move the project but it seemed to work okay when I did this in my tests. Any thoughts about salvaging this project? Obviously, IF there were a backup project folder, I'd be able to open that, but alas...
Re: Anyway to save a corrupted project in FCP X?
September 08, 2011 06:20PM
Project Repair may be able to help depending on how badly damaged the file is:
[www.digitalrebellion.com]

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
September 08, 2011 07:05PM
I'll give the utility a try. Any other thoughts, I'd love to hear!
September 08, 2011 07:13PM
I tried the Pro Maintenance Tool on the project. It did the repair and said that it was successful, but, alas, the project still won't open. Starting to lose all hope...
September 08, 2011 07:18PM
What's the name of the project? Can you send me the current version.fcpproject file if it's not too large?

All the best,

Tom
September 08, 2011 07:24PM
I'd be happy to do that. Thanks, Tom! It's only 8.5 mbytes, so I'll just attach it to an email. I'll indicate it's from me in subject. Much obliged!

Best,

Seth
September 08, 2011 08:11PM
Tom couldn't figure it out. We are still left with a corrupted FCP X project. Oh, well. Maybe I do not do my most important projects in fcp x LOL
September 08, 2011 08:14PM
Yep, FCPX doesn't have great data integrity. I've seen projects with massive holes in them where the data has simply disappeared.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
September 11, 2011 02:13AM
I have the same problem, FCPX crashed and now opens other projects except for one, I've tried to use the maintenance tools but I couldn't fix the project. I deleted the render files, tried to open the project on 3 different macs but nothing. If you have any update on this type of issues, please help me.
September 11, 2011 01:42PM
They better work out these problems if they want FCP X to fly! I'm creating a new duplicate project every hour now.
August 23, 2014 06:20PM
I've written instructions on how to Fix a corrupted Final Cut Pro X project here: [www.girafxmedia.com]

I hope it helps someone. FCPX 10.1.3
Re: Anyway to save a corrupted project in FCP X? A slightly different issue
May 19, 2015 08:18PM
I think I may have a clip or two that are corrupted. I have project that fails every time I try to share to dvd. I was able to select a range of the timeline and successfully burn that, but when I try to burn the whole thing it fails and causes FCP to crash making it necessary to force quit. Everything looks fine, but obviously isn't. How can I find out what is wrong and fix it?

Using FCP 10.0.9 on a 2013 Imac.
Re: Anyway to save a corrupted project in FCP X? A slightly different issue
May 19, 2015 10:05PM
If you've gone through the steps for a corrupted project as outlined above and you still have an issue with some clips, the 50/50 method is an old but sure way to narrow down your problematic clips.
Export the first half, the export the second half. If only one of those works, take the half that didn't work and export it in two halves again. Keep cutting the sequence in two and exporting until you have it narrowed down to one or two clips.

Depending on how long it takes to do each half, you'll be better off if you always export both halves at each step, even if the first one you try doesn't work. There maybe more than one corrupted clip and there also might be a problem that seems like a corrupted clip but is actually something else entirely.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics