FCPX 10.0.1 is out

Posted by craig seeman 
FCPX 10.0.1 is out
September 20, 2011 10:27AM
Macworld article
[www.macworld.com]

Some key features:
full XML import/export of both project and event information; intelligent stem export for both video and audio files using a new feature called Roles; and Xsan integration, allowing editors in different locations to work with the same files, events, and projects.
Re: FCPX 10.0.1 is out
September 20, 2011 10:28AM
And a 30-day trial. I think Apple really wants to make this work.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
September 20, 2011 10:37AM
I never trust the accuracy of articles but it says XML Import/Export.
If one can get FCP7 projects in through XML that's a big viability boost.
September 20, 2011 10:47AM
Jon Chappell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And a 30-day trial.

THAT is freakin' hilarious to me. NOW they have the 30 day free trial. I guess better late than never for those who never paid for it up front.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
biscardicreative.com
September 20, 2011 10:54AM
Is the XML Import / Export native to the app or still third party?

And intelligent stem export means it's still trackless in the editing app but then you can assign how audio is output? Sounds a bit more convoluted than it has to be.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
biscardicreative.com
September 20, 2011 10:55AM
craig seeman Wrote:
> I never trust the accuracy of articles but it says
> XML Import/Export.
> If one can get FCP7 projects in through XML that's
> a big viability boost.

I'm sure they're correct in saying XML is supported for import but it may be the case that it only supports its own XML format and won't import old FCP XMEML files. I can't see it on the App Store yet so I can't answer that question.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
September 20, 2011 11:00AM
Craig. Don't you mean... "FCPX 10.0.0.1 is Not Out Yet"?

Still no update on Software Update or on the App Store...

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
September 20, 2011 11:01AM
walterbiscardi Wrote:
> Jon Chappell Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > And a 30-day trial.
>
> THAT is freakin' hilarious to me. NOW they have
> the 30 day free trial. I guess better late than
> never for those who never paid for it up front.

Would you prefer they crawl up and die or start listening? On second thought don't answer that.
I think if Apple include a pony you'd still complain. This is much closer to the program they should have released as a 1.0.

I think a lot of people who were scared away by the negative backlash are now going to take it for a spin. It's not yet a replacement for any of the major NLEs but at least it's a viable niche NLE for AVCHD/H.264 jobs that can be sent on to the rest of the facility for Audio or Grading work.
September 20, 2011 11:03AM
Ben King Wrote:
> Craig. Don't you mean... "FCPX 10.0.0.1 is Not Out
> Yet"?
>
> Still no update on Software Update or on the App
> Store...

So far only a Compressor update in the App Store. I suspect it'll pop up today or maybe they're going to do a rolling update if there's a server load hit concern.
September 20, 2011 11:03AM
Also coming in early 2012: Multicam Editing and Broadcast-Quality Video Monitoring. That's good news. But I wonder about what Broadcast-Quality Video Monitoring is. I hope is going to be like it is in FCP 7.

APPLE Page
September 20, 2011 11:17AM
The update is there now. I'm downloading it as I type...
September 20, 2011 11:18AM
Is the XML Import / Export native to the app or still third party?

Well for what its worth we will be showing X to 7 XML export tomorow at our meet at DV Expo. Dont think its possible to do 7 to X

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 20, 2011 11:20AM
Lol. Another big feature in FCP X:

New Theme: Tribute
Access the new Tribute theme, with four animated titles and a matching transition.

I dunno. Broadcast monitoring needs to be in there from day 1. XML/AAF exports need to be there from day 1. I was pretty critical that Avid had no AAF/OMF export with AMA, and figured anyone with sense to design a professional tool would incorporate key essential features. Then FCP X came out and I ate my hat. IMO, FCP X is now a beta release (formerly alpha), so yes, betas and initial releases should come with a 30 day trial.

www.strypesinpost.com
September 20, 2011 11:23AM
Russ Blaise Wrote:
> The update is there now. I'm downloading it as I
> type...

Whereabouts in the world are you? It's not showing up for me on the US West Coast.

My software:
More tools...
September 20, 2011 11:29AM
Downloading now.

Interesting that there's the mention of transitions between Connected Clips. Getting back some "track like" behavior without having to go through steps to make secondary storylines by selecting or lassoing clips is a good step in the right direction.
September 20, 2011 11:30AM
According to my XML guru friends this flavor of XML is unlike all other flavors of XML which might anger a lot of XML gurus who now have a bit of homework to do.

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 20, 2011 11:31AM
On opening there's a warning that Events and Projects must be updated to work with this version. Sounds like a major under the hood change. FCP legacy would only have that on full version upgrades if I recall.
September 20, 2011 11:31AM
Whereabouts in the world are you? It's not showing up for me on the US West Coast.

I'm in Tucson, AZ. My update is done. I updated Compressor also.
September 20, 2011 11:37AM
I'm in Tucson, AZ. My update is done. I updated Compressor also.

Damnit. Tucson always gets the updates first!

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 20, 2011 11:39AM
It's all live here in the UK.

Downloading at the moment although bit concerned as to what updating Events and Projects means ?

Anybody know what this entails?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics