FCPX does this mean I can or can't use my Motion from FCP7 Studio?

Posted by daddycools 
FCPX does this mean I can or can't use my Motion from FCP7 Studio?
October 08, 2011 03:57PM
Hello
I haven't been able to conclude if I should be able to use the Motion I purchased with Final Cut Studio or if I have to buy the one that comes with FXPX.

X doesn't recognize my present Motion so i'm not sure.

Thanks
Steve M
Re: FCPX does this mean I can or can't use my Motion from FCP7 Studio?
October 08, 2011 04:03PM
FCP does not accept project files from any version of Motion. You have to export or publish from Motion 4 to get to FCP.

All the best,

Tom
October 26, 2011 11:58AM
Tom Wolsky Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FCP does not accept project files from any version
> of Motion. You have to export or publish from
> Motion 4 to get to FCP.

Hmmm....was at a FCP Seminar by Larry Jordan last week, and asked the same question, and by his answer of "yes", I assumed that motion projects could be imported into an event and subsequently into a project sequence/timeline much in the same way a normal video clip could. But...I don't have FCP X so I can't test it yet. Would be interested to know definitively what the correct answer is re: ability to use motion projects directly in a FCP X timeline without rendering a QT out of Motion and importing that into FCPX first.
October 26, 2011 12:33PM
Larry misunderstood the question. You can create a project in Motion that can be published, and it will appear as an effect or generator or transition in FCP, but you cannot import a Motion project into FCP as understood in legacy versions.

All the best,

Tom
October 26, 2011 12:35PM
I just did a test and I wasn't able to directly drag in a Motion project.

Also remember that there is an FCPX trial that you can download to test things out before purchasing.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
October 26, 2011 12:58PM
Well, there's the long way around.

November 18, 2011 02:00PM
Excellent tutorial. Is there a list of which templates in Motion 4 that are not included in Motion 5? Still not sure why the Motion 4 templates were not included in Motion 5's and while this tutorial is very helpful, it will be very time consuming to publish each part of each Motion 4 template from 4 to 5. I rarely use them but it still is irksome that Apple has downgraded everything.
Steve

steve-sharksdelight
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics