How to Delete Text Effects from FCP X Library

Posted by pypo 
How to Delete Text Effects from FCP X Library
October 26, 2011 03:05PM
I would like to delete about 99% of the default text effects so I don't have to deal with the clutter.

Is there a simple way to delete this kind of default library stuff (tasteless spam posing as useful FCP X content)?
Re: How to Delete Text Effects from FCP X Library
October 28, 2011 11:14AM
That's an interesting question.

I tried to figure out where the text templates are stored - to move them - but did not find anything.

Andreas
October 28, 2011 12:53PM
Not inside the package contents in Frameworks/TextFramework?

All the best,

Tom
October 29, 2011 06:09AM
Nope.

Andreas
November 01, 2011 10:11AM
Here ya go:
/Applications/Final Cut Pro.app/Contents/PlugIns/MediaProviders/MotionEffect.fxp/Contents/Resources

Inside you'll find separate folders for "Effects" "Generators" "Titles" and "Transitions". As expected, each is its own motion project so you can just remove the one's you no longer want.

Has no negative effect on the app itself - just won't show up in the designated menu. There were quite a few that I removed.
November 01, 2011 11:03AM
Wow, Thanks.

Andreas
November 01, 2011 12:50PM
Funny thing is that Apple does use folder names they always say not to use because of the UNIX based OS - like "Build In/Out"

Andreas
November 08, 2011 10:02AM
Thanks to sthomas_77 I made a simple little app which allows to remove Motion (Effects, Generators, Titles, Transitions) FX from the FCPX app. The templates are not deleted, but moved to the app's own folder in /Library/Application Support/fxMover.
A future version will allow to re-install the moved templates into to FCPX inside the application. At the moment you've to do that manually.

Andreas

[www.spherico.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics