FCP Help

Posted by Andreas Kiel 
FCP Help
October 30, 2011 12:18PM
I'm a bit confused.
I try to get a bit deeper into FCPX and therefore I do need to look into the help menu sometimes. Not a problem, though I think to be online anytime, anywhere is not my thing.
So I'm online (otherwise I couldn't send this post) and FCPX does tell me "The selected topic is currently unavailable.
To see all Final Cut Pro Help, you must be connected to the Internet."

Any ideas?

Andreas
Re: FCP Help
October 30, 2011 12:59PM
Have you tried the usual stuff like toggling Airport on and off, checking your ping to Apple's servers, etc?

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
October 30, 2011 01:18PM
Odd but I've had this problem too at times. I'm online but I get the same message as Andreas. I got it for several days and then it cleared up. Nothing changed on my end throughout as far as my internet access.

When you can finally get here
[help.apple.com]
Click on the the small printer icon on the upper right and download it as a PDF. At least you'll have it on your computer if the issue arrises again. Maybe one of us can send you our downloaded PDF.

It certainly does seem that something odd causes the online manual to go offline at times.
October 31, 2011 05:51AM
Thanks for your answers.
I finally used Craig's suggestion to print to PDF.

Regards
Andreas
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics