strange orange square

Posted by mac addict 
strange orange square
November 06, 2011 05:59PM
Hi finding my way around FCPX but now a small opace orange square has appeared on the whole timeline. Cursor becomes a hand when over and I can use it to move the whole clip within the frame. I DONT WANT TO. Does anyone have any idea how I can remove it. Last thing I did was change the color of a title to black and reposition it. Love some help. Deadline is Wednesday and its all finished except for this sudden problem.
Forgot to check the 'notify me by email' box. So if anyone has a clue dogsjenny@yahoo.com.au
cheers Jenny
Re: strange orange square
November 07, 2011 03:51PM
Hello Any one there? really would love some help
cheers Jenny
November 07, 2011 03:59PM
Sorry Jen we are all trying to learn the little foibles of FCPX too

Try trashing your preferences - you can get Jon's Preference Manager free from: [www.digitalrebellion.com]

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
November 07, 2011 05:13PM
Are you talking about the orange square in the Viewer?
That's there if your image is larger than the Viewer so you can move around as you noted.
On the upper right of the Viewer there is a % display. Select that and then select "Fit" and see if that helps.
November 07, 2011 07:07PM
brilliant that certainly was the fix, no pun intended. As I told Ben I did a frame save and it wasnt showing there so I burned a DVD and still not there but now I know what it was. It will be useful. Thanks so much for enlightening me.
cheers Jenny
November 07, 2011 07:13PM
thanks Ben see Craigs fix for fit below. I'm progressing and except for very fine adjustments enjoying the challenge. But I'm not a proffessional in the same sense as others with deadlines.
November 08, 2011 02:34AM
cool - I've not been using FCPX due to clients all using FCP7 - so you ad simply zoomed in huh? Ah be thankful it wasn't your GPU going! My old X800 died with screen corruption and I think an orange square made a brief appearance before the video memory died...

I'm not going to go and zoom an FCPX timeline to see it for myself!

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
November 11, 2011 04:04PM
Im using a 15 in laptop, only a few months old and had both the RAM and HDD upgraded so don't wish a dying computer just yet. Craig's solution was the right one. Thanks for all your help anyway
cheers Jenny
November 13, 2011 09:43PM
Yep that little object is called The Navigator it's in iPhoto, iMovie and now FCPX it's even in PhotoShop. Although I like to use the space bar and drag to navigate. This does not work in FCPX though.

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics