Export Issues/Quicktime Error -50

Posted by nlittrell 
Export Issues/Quicktime Error -50
November 27, 2011 03:33PM
Hi:

Just purchased FCP X after the trial and am having some issues exporting a project I'm working on. I want to get it on Vimeo and attempted to export out at that setting within FCP. Made it almost all the way through then it failed citing a "Quicktime Error-50." Tried what I presume to be a similar setting using compressor and it happened again. This was NOT happening with the trial version. I haven't added any new media to my project, just moving stuff around and finessing. Any ideas? I'm working with QT v.10.1 on a brand new iMac with a 27 ghz processor.

Noticing that FCP X is pretty laggy on this system. Yet, supposedly, the specs are better than my 2007 macbook pro. Any thoughts?

Nicolle
Re: Export Issues/Quicktime Error -50
November 27, 2011 03:40PM
From Crash Analyzer:

-50 (QuickTime)

This error occurs when there is corrupt or invalid media in your timeline. Check that the codec used by the file is recommended for use in your editing application.

Suggested Actions
* For best results, convert all long-GOP media to ProRes.
* Make sure all images are RGB, not CMYK.
* Ensure all images are less than 4000 pixels in width and height.
* Use Corrupt Clip Finder to locate the corrupt clip.
* After the corrupt file is located, use QT Repair or Media Salvage to fix it.
* Make sure your files do not have Digital Rights Management (DRM) that prevent them being played outside of their intended application. Some files purchased from the iTunes Store will have DRM.
* Make sure you are using AIFF or WAV audio files.

More Information
System description for error -50: Error in user parameter list

Report generated by Crash Analyzer in Pro Maintenance Tools

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
Re: Export Issues/Quicktime Error -50
November 27, 2011 04:28PM
sussed out the forum and saw that this is a fairly common bug--often using an acc file causes the trouble. i have one of those files in my sequence. is there a quick way to convert it aiff within fcp x? is it similar to earlier versions where you export out?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics