Supplemental Content ???

Posted by mustech 
Supplemental Content ???
December 21, 2011 09:15AM
Hi
FCP X was installed by an IT tech on our classroom machines. Is there a way to make sure we have the supplemental content? and the pro apps codecs too?
Thanks
Re: Supplemental Content ???
December 21, 2011 09:44AM
In FCPX select Final Cut Pro/Download Additional Content or good old fashion Software Update can work also.
December 21, 2011 01:34PM
Thanks I'll give that a try. I was hoping for something like, "Take a look in your /Library/Audio/Apple Loops/..... folder and see if "somefilename" is there..." only because the install of FCP X on these machines was little bit unusual. It was purchased for 17 seats and DLed from the app store, but then it was part of an image that was restored onto the 17 machines. Wasn't sure if Software Update would recognize that it is installed (though the App Store does recognize when there is an update available).
Maybe I worry too much.
December 21, 2011 01:39PM
Supplemental Content is installed at /Library/Application Support/Final Cut Pro.

It's harder to tell if the codecs are installed, especially if you have Final Cut Pro 7 installed as well. You can look inside the /Library/QuickTime folder for AppleAVCIntraCodec.component, AppleHDVCodec.component and AppleIntermediateCodec.component.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
December 21, 2011 02:11PM
This actually presents an interesting predicament for facility distribution.
While using an image do to multiple installs of FCPX is great but imagine if that then means you have 17 systems that must download several Gigabytes of additional content. I do hope you have really good download bandwidth and or don't try downloading the content on all the seats at the same time. While the additional content is pretty much a one time affair at the moment, I can imagine if they were to have significant content updates on major upgrade it could be a real drag.

BTW my understanding is that apps in the App store must be completely self contained so it would seem the "additional content" download would be the way around that constraint.
December 21, 2011 02:14PM
The ProApps Codecs are here:
[support.apple.com]

But as far as I'm aware there is no separate download for the content.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
December 21, 2011 10:57PM
Sure there is. It's right here.
[support.apple.com]

This update adds the following content for use in Final Cut Pro X:

Sound Effects: Over 1300 rights-free sound effects installed into the Audio Browser of Final Cut Pro X.

Audio Effect Presets: Additional preset effects for the Space Designer plug-in.
December 22, 2011 01:26PM
That was weird I clicked on Craig's link and got a missing page area and then came back and clicked again it I got taken to the correct page.

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
December 22, 2011 01:37PM
Dean Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That was weird I clicked on Craig's link and got a
> missing page area and then came back and clicked
> again it I got taken to the correct page.

I'm actually seeing that a lot lately with Apple KBase links. Something's going on on Apple's server side.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics