FC Pro x Problem HELLPPPP

Posted by Bt pro 
FC Pro x Problem HELLPPPP
December 26, 2011 01:56PM
Hi all

Boy do I need some help

Im using Apples Final Cut Pro X (FCP X) for the first time and heres my dilemma:-

I have a 60 min project filmed off two cameras

Camera 1 Canon XL1 3ccd PAL set
Camera 2 JVC HD

Problem I have is I can not get FCP X to produce a dvd of a quality that is acceptable.

I have tried all sorts of settings but to no avail.

Im based in the UK and Im using PAL region2

I am an amateur and Im still learning the craft so be gentle with me

Please can someone help me??????

Pete
Re: FC Pro x Problem HELLPPPP
December 26, 2011 03:08PM
Are you going straight to a DVD from the "Share" menu of FCP X? If you are, I don't think that's the best way. Also let me ask, did you edit your footage in SD, or HD? Answer these questions and we'll go form there. We just need a bit more info on your workflow.
December 26, 2011 10:00PM
Footage was edited in SD but i still have all the tapes and HD footage on the camera so I can re-edit the project if I have to?
When the project was finished I sent it ti idvd and processed it to get the best results.
Thanks for taking time to help me Russ i appreciate it.
December 26, 2011 11:22PM
Here is my workflow. If I shoot in HD, I edit in HD. Usually all the time in Pro Res. (I found if I convert the HD to SD, and then edit it, it looks like crap). After I'm done with my edit, I export to .mov and select, "Current Settings". Then I import the .mov file to DVD SP or Adobe Encore to build my DVD. I let DVD SP or Adobe Encore do the transcoding to SD. You could use Compressor to do the transcoding to SD, but most of the time it comes out like crap. As far as using iDVD. I might of used it one or two times in the last 15 years. But try importing the .mov HD file into iDVD and burn your DVD. NOTE: This is my workflow and somebody else might have something else for you to try. I just know what I have to do to get the best results for me. Let us know what you end up doing and what works the best for you.
January 13, 2012 10:41AM
Russ

Found what the problem was eh DEERRRR. Heres the story once upon a time there was a dumb ass from the UK who knew bugger all about Macs but thought he did.

I first imported the footage originally on a windows PC in Sony Vegas, thus producing an AVI file, so when I got my first Mac I started to use FCP 7 when I imported the AVI footage into it it gave me a warning saying that I should re-capture it. Which dumb nuts chose to ignore it, so it produced a poor MOV copy.Then I progressed up to FCPX which it saw an MOV file and imported it in, hence the problem.

So in desperation i went back to FCP7 to try again. When I got the warning message again the penny dropped and if I tried to import the AVI files into FCPX it just would not do it.

So with all that in mind I have recaptured the entire project and re-edited it. Problem solved.

If you like I would love to send you a copy to get you honest opinion?

If so email me an address I can send it to. centmh@btinternet.com

If not thanks for taking time out for me buddy

Pete
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics