XTE Update

Posted by Andreas Kiel 
XTE Update
January 23, 2012 06:56AM
Hi all,

I've updated my title/subtitle exporter for X (X Title Export).
It allows to extract text from build in templates and many of the custom build templates.
The text can be saved as Spruce STL which is a text based format, which easily can be converted to other formats with a lot of available apps. For example you can use my TEP or you can use my free psTitles to create rendered titles using Adobe's Photoshop to create 'layered TIFFs'.
The app may feel slow sometimes. But I can't change that at the moment because of the nature of FCPX. The trackless behavior does allow collisions of titles, which have to be found. Also it has to sort roles at the same time, to check whether there are collisions inside a group of roles. Additionally - since there are no parameters stored within the XML - it will try to get some basic information out of the Motion Templates used. So all this stuff is very time consuming.

Hopefully next week I will update the XTI app (X Title Import). So you will have the option of a simple kind of round trip.

- Andreas

Download (3.8 MB) for free:
[www.spherico.com]

For a rough overview of the features use the Help menu of the app.

Some workflow tools for FCP [www.spherico.com]
TitleExchange -- juggle titles within FCS, FCPX and many other apps.
[www.spherico.com]
Re: XTE Update
January 24, 2012 03:57PM
Excellent Andreas

Michael Horton
-------------------
Re: XTE Update
January 24, 2012 04:57PM
The good thing about the update is that as of today there is another update.

Here the reason.
Several people discuss about chapter marker in X. Obiviously they aren't available anymore.
Jon implemented a nice option in his tools to use XML to transfer X markers into a QT movie.
I thought about another option. As markers in X only do have two options and can't be moved (as far as I can see) using a title is a good option using roles. Take a short one line title, place it in the timeline, do a setup, add a unique role and use that as the base for your 'chapter markers'. As a role you can either create a unique or subrole named like 'Chapter'.
With those titles you got the nice warm feeling to have a text overlay and you can move them freely. You jump to them, set them to invisible - whatever you want.
When you are done export the movie, but disable the 'Chapter Role'. Then export the timeline as XML as well.
With XTE open the XML, select the role for chapters and save. This will create a STL and a Chapter text file.
Im Compressor open your movie and select 'Import Chapter List...'. All chapters are in place.

Andreas

Some workflow tools for FCP [www.spherico.com]
TitleExchange -- juggle titles within FCS, FCPX and many other apps.
[www.spherico.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics