Built in sync vs Pluraleyes

Posted by jfm5440 
Built in sync vs Pluraleyes
February 02, 2012 10:00AM
Before I spend the bucks on Pluraleyes I'd like to know if what I'm trying to do should work natively.

I have a dance video clip with ambient audio from the house CD player.

I want to sync the 12 clean m4a audio tracks to the clip. Bottom line is Pluraleyes demo version did this perfectly.

If I try to sync say one of the audio files to the clip it does work. X finds the matching waveform and lines it up. But if I select all 12 audio tracks and the clip all I get is a compound clip with all the audio tracks stacked up under each other. No sync.

Asking too much of X?
Re: Built in sync vs Pluraleyes
February 02, 2012 11:35AM
Have you tried this in FCPX 10.0.3? I haven't beaten it to death yet but people playing with the new multicam feature seem to think it's improved.

BTW have you waited until it's complete. I would get that result if I unknowingly interrupted the process. In 10.0.2 I had to do a multicam piece in which the elements were nearly 90 minutes long. It work but it was slow. I probably could have synced by hand faster (yes very SLOW). 10.0.3 seems to be much better with lots of controls. One demo pointed out that if you put in approximate markers (they do not have to be frame accurate) it greatly helps the process.
February 02, 2012 02:13PM
Yeah I waited until the background processing bar was complete. I'm using 10.0.3.
February 02, 2012 02:24PM
What options did you have selected?
Whereas Plural Eyes had a "Try Harder" feature, FCPX might need your assistance in that area.
February 02, 2012 05:58PM
It seems to fall apart after 3 audio clips. I think the answer is spend a few bucks on Pluraleyes and save my time. Thanks anyway.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics