FCP X freezing after start

Posted by time2go 
FCP X freezing after start
February 03, 2012 01:41PM
FCP X, MacBookPro, 8G ram, OSX 10.6.8

fcp opens then in 5~10 sec it freezes and I have to force quit, if I click anywhere before it freezes by it self
it freezes right away.
Please help.
Thank you
Re: FCP X freezing after start
February 03, 2012 01:55PM
First step. Create New User Admin and delete all login items for that account. Remove all peripherals. Go into that account and test. That will tell you whether it's a user or system issue.
February 14, 2012 06:12AM
You could be running into the restore window layout bug. Check this link for a solution.

[fcpx.tv]
February 20, 2012 04:52PM
Craig, yes that one worked but now why is doing it I fear it happens again.
still looking 4 answer, thanx lots!
February 20, 2012 04:57PM
marcus_sg,
no actually FCPX opens normally then it freezes I have no chance to do nothing
February 25, 2012 12:10PM
Do you have background rendering turned on? You might have a couple of seconds to get to the preferences and turn it off. I had possibly a similar problem and I was able to turn it off and my crashing stopped. I would try and get to them even if the splash screen for FCPX is still up.

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
March 14, 2012 01:55PM
I have this bug too and thought it could be attributed to the language version I use (french). It doesn't seem so. Yet it is a Shortcut Command bug. Definitely.
I dug a lot, accused the Events, the Projects, myself, and found an easy work around. Still it's a real bug.

When the app hangs at startup, don't Quit:
- Go the File Menu > Commands
- Select the Default setup.
- Quit
- Relaunch. Except on a few occasions, where I had to reselct the Default Command Setup, it works.
- Once you're in the app, reselect the Command setup you created.
> Best practice: in your Command setup, remove the shortcut for the App Memu command "Quit". This way you'll have to go to the menu to quit, and before quitting, reselect the Default setup. In this case, fcpx will launch fine.

(I spent several hours yesterday having fun with this feature. It was really nice and sunny out. That was a great day!)
Cheers.
March 16, 2012 05:40PM
Since this specific bug has not hit everyone, if you can't fix the situation, you can just trash FCX and then re-download and install from the App store.

steve-sharksdelight
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics