Problems upgrading from 10.0.1 to 10.0.3

Posted by VPiccin 
Problems upgrading from 10.0.1 to 10.0.3
February 04, 2012 02:01PM
Back in June I bought X. I played with it a bit, then set it aside. With the current press about the .0.3 upgrade I thought I would give it another look.

So I just booted into the partition that I sandbox new toys in. The app store tells me that there is an upgrade available, however when I hit the button I get an error message, "Final Cut is already installed on this computer. Choose Software Update from the Apple menu to check for available updates."

Fair enough, so I run a software update. I get a new iTunes, of course, a Java update and a couple of other things, but FCPX was not on the list. Just to be sure I start FCPX and sure enough it is still 10.0.1. So then I try re-installing from the App store. Now I get a message that says "Final Cut Pro 10.0.1 is already installed and was not purchased from the Mac App store.", and offers me the chance to pay again for 10.0.3.

So anyone else see this behavior? I remember a similar problem from the first week, but don't remember the work arounds.

Anyone know the tricks here?
Re: Problems upgrading from 10.0.1 to 10.0.3
February 04, 2012 02:02PM
Delete the app from your Applications folder, then launch the Mac App Store and reinstall it from the Purchased tab. It will automatically install the 10.0.3 version.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
Re: Problems upgrading from 10.0.1 to 10.0.3
February 04, 2012 02:16PM
Thanks Jon. I just discovered the purchased tab and started the re-install. I was going to respond to my own question for reference, but you beat me to it! One minute after I posted too. Gotta love LAFCPUG folks.

-Vance
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics