X on a Macmini?

Posted by rickman 
X on a Macmini?
February 06, 2012 01:43PM
I have been using FCP6 on a G4 that runs great

Is anybody running FCPX on a Mac mini? That's the only Intel machine I have at the moment. I have one running Leopard, is Lion a must also? I can get an Intel Mac tower refurbished locally with Snow Leopard for $1300. Would that work?
Does anyone else hate buying new hardware just to run new programs??? I mean, I love the new price line for FCP, but the savings gets lost in hardware upgrades.

Thanks

Oh and how is that app download working out for you guys. Can I make a disk once its loaded up? What do you do if your app gets corrupted and you need a reinstall or your drive crashes? Do you have to buy it again???
Re: X on a Macmini?
February 06, 2012 02:32PM
You have to make sure your Mini meets minimum specs. Not all do. The Intel CoreDuo does not and neither does the Core2Duo circa 2008 does due to GPU limitations. You'd really want to use FCPX on a i5 or, better an i7 or Xeon class (and with compatible OpenCL GPU).
Re: X on a Macmini?
February 06, 2012 02:59PM
rickman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh and how is that app download working out for
> you guys. Can I make a disk once its loaded up?
> What do you do if your app gets corrupted and you
> need a reinstall or your drive crashes? Do you
> have to buy it again???

No, you can just go to the Purchased tab in the App Store and redownload it at no cost.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics