Serious problem in 10.0.3 titles

Posted by Tom Wolsky 
Serious problem in 10.0.3 titles
February 15, 2012 11:45AM
In 10.0.3 titles that have Build In/Out cannot be moved. They now appear to get keyframed if you move the content. For instance, the Overlap lower third. If you shift the text to the left to accommodate a lengthy name, the text then drifts across the screen as if keyframes have been added. Because you have to do it when you're half way through the title, you can't do it at the beginning or end it seems that keyframes are being added. This did not happen in any previous version of FCP. This is not good. Basically all Build In/Out titles are probably locked to the current positions. I suspect this is happening because of the change in the inspector keyframing method from Motion procedures to FCP procedures. Sounded good, but it looks like it may have ruined a lot of the Motion template titles.

All the best,

Tom
Re: Serious problem in 10.0.3 titles
February 15, 2012 11:53AM
Tom,

I haven't worked too much with the build in titles, but a lot of them do have key frames already build into the Motion templates. This may lead to the results you experience and also can create a kind of 'keyframe collision'.

Andreas

Some workflow tools for FCP [www.spherico.com]
TitleExchange -- juggle titles within FCS, FCPX and many other apps.
[www.spherico.com]
February 15, 2012 06:20PM
The new 'keyframe adding' feature of Motion/FCP X means that Title Generators need to be redesigned not to use keyframes.

I've just fixed the Overlap title so that it uses behaviours. I've added a 'Horizontal Position' control so that you can set where the titles animate to and from depending on how long your text is.

I'll make my version available on my blog tomorrow.

Do you have any others you'd like me to look at?

Alex

alex4d on twitter, facebook, .wordpress.com + .com
February 16, 2012 08:59AM
Here's a link to my blog post where I've posted a fixed version of the Overlap title.

I know this doesn't fix the problem in general. Perhaps Apple will add a preference per parameter that toggles between the old and new way of adding keyframes.

Alex

February 16, 2012 10:17PM
I've just uploaded a non-keyframed version of the 'Four Corners' title to my blog.

You should be able to reposition the text elements and have the animation still work in 10.0.3.

Alex

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics