Transitions transitioning everything

Posted by apples33ds 
Transitions transitioning everything
March 14, 2012 11:54PM
Hi all,

this is my first post so please forgive me if I'm not posting in the right area.

I'm working on a short product video.

I have two problems.

1. I have created a logo in Adobe Photoshop, this is transparent and when I import it into FCPx everything is fine. I've placed the logo into the timeline over a background image (industrial image that comes with FCPx) . This looks fine also, the logo fits over the background and you can see the background underneath.

My problem is that when I put a transition on the logo, the background goes away. It comes back again when the transition is finished.

I hope that made sense.

2. I have a about 4 different layered tracks (not sure what you call them) I'm bringing in a few images one at a time over the main background image. (This will be the contents of whats in the product box) I have put transitions on them all (after creating a storyline for each of them because apparently thats the only way for them to have transitions) anyway... I hit play and guess what... the transition keeps affecting all tracks. So basically when a new image comes in with a transition, the other images that are already there get the same transition (even though they had theres at the beginning of the clip)

I hope this makes sense.

Driving me mad! PLEASE HELP.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics