FCPX will not open a specific projecrt

Posted by daddycools 
FCPX will not open a specific projecrt
April 06, 2012 11:05AM
Hello
I cannot open a specific project about 22 minutes long. I do a weekly TV show so this is a new issue. I have a weeks work almost finished when I put in a text title and X quit. I put up with the usual dozen crashes daily then go through the procedures listed below but this time it is different.

I did the usual things suggested.
- Thrashed preferences with Digital Rebellion
- repair permissions
- reboot in safe mode
- turn off different combinations of events and projects with Event manager X to discover only the one i'm currently working on is the only one that will not boot up.
- trash renders in project and events.

X will load and if I try to open the project in question it will quit very quickly. No waiting around just quit. Other projects it will open.

Does anyone have any suggestions it would be hard to lose a weeks work. Just yesterday we lost a days work when the auto save did not work I discover that Command Z was not working but that is a whole other issue I have learned to live with.

There must be a way to manually go into the folders and pull out each reference file to find the effected file to allow it to open.

Thank you,

Steve M
Re: FCPX will not open a specific projecrt
April 06, 2012 11:34AM
Are you using 10.0.3?
In theory it creates a backup that it should open if it can't open the original project. It's not like an auto save vault but it backs up every 15 minutes if there are changes. Of course if the issue stretched across the backup I can imagine that's impacted as well. It's just that can of issue should be rare (but probably not impossible).

It's possible that some media or render file got corrupted. Given that you can otherwise open FCPX and the Event files are loaded (are they?) then the issue wouldn't be there.

You might want to do a quick test and play back some of the relevant clips in the Event just to make sure none of them cause a crash.

The next step would be looking in the FCPX Projects folder but do the above first before we assume where else the issue might be.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics