Working remotely with events / meta data...

Posted by highline 
Working remotely with events / meta data...
April 09, 2012 12:05PM
My question is about working remotely with events:

Over the weekend, I took my laptop and an external drive with a duplicated event to work over the weekend. I have not yet started the project file, I am still tagging and organizing my event. I copied the entire event with FCP X to an external drive. Over the weekend I organized, synced, tagged all of my clips. When I got back to the studio this morning, I wanted to just copy all the meta data back to the original event on my tower in the studio, since the source media was still identical. I noticed that dragging and dropping the keyword collections from the remote event to the original, did not transfer any of the meta data.

Is there a way to sync the meta data between the remote event and the event on my tower in the studio? Both events share the identical source files. Is there not a way to sync all the work I did over the weekend on the clips without having to copy the entire event replacing the original? Seems like the workflow is built around meta data, but it seems cumbersome to have to copy a 250 gig project every time you make some remote changes to the meta data while source files remain the same...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Working remotely with events / meta data...
April 10, 2012 07:31AM
Just a guess.

I think you have to replace the event on the "tower" as well

Some workflow tools for FCP [www.spherico.com]
TitleExchange -- juggle titles within FCS, FCPX and many other apps.
[www.spherico.com]
Re: Working remotely with events / meta data...
April 10, 2012 12:44PM
Andreas Kiel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just a guess.
>
> I think you have to replace the event on the
> "tower" as well

That is what I explained in the post.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics