Alex4D:Final Cut Pro X features: catching up and superseding

Posted by craig seeman 
June 25, 2012 05:39PM
[alex4d.wordpress.com]

Interesting comparison of FCPX development to OSX and iOS and some prognostications based on that.
Re: Alex4D:Final Cut Pro X features: catching up and superseding
June 25, 2012 08:13PM
How about Lion is Apple's Vista, while Apple muddles around with trying to create a unified OS. I'm not sure about "superseding" other NLEs. There are things I like in each NLE.

My favourite NLE for sifting and scrubbing through a timeline or a stringout is Avid MC. Love that timeline and two up display. I also like how creating a project in Avid is simple, and you don't have to toggle through a boatload of codecs and settings- set the frame size and frame rate, and you're all set to go.

I like FCP's search in timeline function for finding markers, and the search function that calls up a database.

I like PPro's hover scrub function for going through clips in the bin. Trim tool? I like Avid MC, but PPro is coming very close. I also like PPro's swap edit function (I wish Adobe will feature that function, coz it's powerful). The multicam tool also looks very good. I just added an epic 5k 24fps RAW clip to a dvcproHD 23.98 fps multiclip and it just took it and played it on my laptop. And yea, you can add new angles, different frame rates, open multiclips as sequences, combine angles, etc... Pretty much my wish list for a multicam tool, other than the inability to synchronize by markers.

What do I like in FCP X? The ability to optimize media. I also like some of the simple options in the interface. Other than that, it wins the award for most workarounds I've ever seen in an NLE in the last 5 years.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics