FCP X turns progressive

Posted by stnettleton 
FCP X turns progressive
July 09, 2012 01:41AM
Final Cut Pro X seems to be reading all of my 1080/50i clips as 25p. How can I fix this?

Clips were shot on a Panasonic AF100 to Samurai, as pro res 422. Clip settings in QT (and testing in FCP 7) show they are interlaced. But once imported into an FCPX event, the inspector shows them as 1080p. Dropping them into an empty project turns the project to 25p. This seems strange. I can change the settings of the project to 25i (which I assume is the same as 50i) but if all the source clips are imported as progressive then won't this be a problem? Is there a way to make sure FCP X imports them interlaced?
Re: FCP X turns progressive
July 10, 2012 01:45AM
I've double checked to make sure the original files were indeed shot as Pro Res 422 1080/50i. So why has FCP X imported them as progressive? Is there a known issue of Samurai Pro Res files being misinterpreted by FCP X? I'm not seeing any posts similar to this on Apple Support or here. Only thing I did find was a way to set a field dominance override but this doesn't change it from being 1080p in the inspector. And viewing in the broadcast monitor still looks jumpy. Would really appreciate any ideas here. I put FCP X on the shelf last year but recently thought to take a second look and have liked what I saw. But if I can't get it to read my interlaced files properly it's going to be a big problem. Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics