Locking Tracks & Gain Levels in FCP X

Posted by FilmBase 
Locking Tracks & Gain Levels in FCP X
July 24, 2012 05:39PM
Is there a way to locks tracks from being moved or altered like the "Lock" button in the timeline of FCP7?

Is there a way to adjust the overall levels of an audio track in either absolute or relative adjustment like Option+Command+L in FCP7?

-- Jeff

FCP X 10.0.5
Re: Locking Tracks & Gain Levels in FCP X
July 25, 2012 05:08AM
What tracks?

"Think Different"

www.strypesinpost.com
July 26, 2012 01:31PM
Thanks for the reply, Gerard.

I realize there aren't really tracks anymore but I don't know how else to explain it. I know there's got to be an easier way to do this, I'm just not fully up to speed with FCP X yet. Here's the issue: Two person, two camera interview. Audio recorded to portable recorder. In my timeline I have my multicam clip and two audio clips attached to the multicam clip. Occasionally I find myself accidently moving an audio clip slightly to the left or right. So I'd like to locked the audio from being moved in anyway. I know that simple answer is, "Don't accidentally moved the audio clips," but I'm also asking because I used the locking feature quite a lot in FCP 7 and am wondering if there is a way to do it in X as well.

The other question is, how do I adjust the overall audio relatively the way it was done in FCP 7 by selecting the audio track then pressing Command+Option+L?

-- Jeff
July 26, 2012 06:31PM
Can you link or merge the clips?

I believe better audio editing tools are in the roadmap for FCP X.

www.strypesinpost.com
July 31, 2012 12:52PM
Sorry for the delay, Strypes, thank you for the suggestion. I was able to merge the clips into a Compound Clip and that seems to work. I'm not sure if this is really what I want but I'll get use to it or find a different way. And thank you for addressing the audio question, too.

But now I'm having a whole new issue involving exporting from FCP X using Export Media and then using Compressor 4. My video is being cropped and I can't figure out why. I'll post my issue in the Compressor forum, though.

Thanks for your help, Strypes, it is much appreciated.

-- Jeff
July 31, 2012 04:01PM
Hmm.. I thought there was something in the "clip" or "modify" menu. Not too sure. Admittedly, I'll probably be looking at FCP X when they finally come true on their roadmap. Seems like too many things are going to change or will be included that will affect the way you work in FCP X.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics