Recovering Deleted Project File

Posted by nlittrell 
Recovering Deleted Project File
August 12, 2012 12:18PM
hi:

really embarrassing but i accidently deleted a FCP X project file that wasn't backed up yet. no, i'm not using time machine! apple recommended some apps that only recover off of ext. drives--they also sent me to a really expensive service that is not an option for me. i plan on contacting my "local" authorized apple service provider tomorrow but i'm wondering if anyone on this forum has other ideas?

i can re-cut it--it's just a short piece--but i don't really want to make that time investment. but i'm also not nuts about the idea of carting my 27" iMac 50 miles away, having it opened up to access the drive and put out of commission for at least a few days...

please advise!

nicolle
Re: Recovering Deleted Project File
August 14, 2012 06:00AM
hey, nicolle.
moving this to the FCP-X forum.
good luck w the problem,
nick
August 14, 2012 07:15AM
thanks nick--haven't heard from anyone. any thoughts? i hear the more you use your computer after the delete the less your chances for recovery are. resigning myself the very real possibility that i'm recutting this one. but open to any last minute heroic ideas!
August 14, 2012 10:52AM
Recovering deleted files can be hit and miss, and it gets expensive fast. I'd recommend trying something like Data Rescue or Tech Tool Pro to try to get it back, but if the basic tools don't work I wouldn't recommend paying for professional forensic recovery when it sounds like your project could be recreated.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
August 15, 2012 04:32PM
thanks for the tip--is one of these better than the other?
October 03, 2017 05:46AM
I like very much the way Disk Drill Mac file recovery works [www.cleverfiles.com] But if that doesn't get them back, I would have no further recommendations.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics