FCPX Subtitles

Posted by Andreas Kiel 
FCPX Subtitles
December 20, 2012 03:25AM
Hi all,

I decided to stop development for the free subtitle tools XTI and XTE for Final Cut Pro X. To much time needed.
They are still available as free tools at their current state.

XTI now is fully integrated in TitleExchange - XTE's integration will follow early next year. Integrating XTI into TEP now allows to convert/import nearly 40 subtitle formats into Final Cut Pro X.

The TitleExchange installation includes 2 groups of basic Motion Templates for subtitles. One with boxed subtitles one without.
Launching TitleExchange will install those templates automatically They named TextUp and can be found in FCPX under Spherico. They both come with 4 styles: regular, bold, oblique and bold-oblique. The font is Helvetica, size 48 in broadcast white. These values can be changed with Motion (or directly in the Motion XML) to match custom needs. But the names and path to the templates shouldn't be changed at any time.
Using this 2 x 4 templates allows to transport "mixed" settings for subtitles into FCPX from other subtitle formats.
Beside these free templates any other available Motion Title template can be used as well - without style information.
The application also allows to keep track of the amount of text entries which might be available in a Motion Title, so if you got two lines of subtitles in the source and only one line is available in the template the source text will be merged to fit the template settings.

TitleExchange is free with a limited functionality.
TitleExchange Download:
[www.spherico.com] (33 MB)

Happy subtitling

Andreas

Some workflow tools for FCP [www.spherico.com]
TitleExchange -- juggle titles within FCS, FCPX and many other apps.
[www.spherico.com]
Re: FCPX Subtitles
January 12, 2013 04:24AM
Hi Andreas

I downloaded the application and after figuring out how to intall it...

Had to go into the System preferences to learn that I needed a right Click to open it.

Choosing “Anywhere” makes your Mac less secure.

Instead, you can allow an individual application from an unknown developer by control-clicking its icon and selecting Open.

I am aware that this has more to do with Apple politics than you ;-)

Any way love the idea.

But.

Am I missing something?

I switch the menu top rightish to Effects and can sort by Catagory.

I´ve got Basics, Blur, Boinx. Bonix, I hear you cry.

Well Boinx is not in the list generated by XTR.

Along with a whole pile of other stuff.

OK I admit I downloaded a demo version of FX Factory.

[www.noiseindustries.com]

Thus I have my Effects window poplulated essentialy by 100s of water marked demo effects that I know I will never use. Am I missing something?

Also preferences for XTR program are greyed out.

As I said I love the idea. I hate clutter and would love to throw out 99% of those demos.

When you say you can

“you can still search by name though”

I presume that you are talking about in FCP X?

thanks

Paul
January 12, 2013 12:47PM
Paul,

You have to understand the way FCPX works and all the templates work.
Some the templates work globally especially those which use the fcFactory engine, others do similar.
To get rid of all the demos you have to use a de-installer which quite often come with those installers.

My app only moves those templates which are build in into FCPX not those which FCPX scan for.

Andreas

Some workflow tools for FCP [www.spherico.com]
TitleExchange -- juggle titles within FCS, FCPX and many other apps.
[www.spherico.com]
January 13, 2013 02:07AM
Hi Andreas

That is what I was afraid of. I bought the Events manager (Events Manager X) and I simply can not live with out it. Love it.

Back to your program. When I open Motion I see My FX factory plugins listed there.

So I guess this is what you mean by globally.

If I remember correctly when I was installing the above plugins I could have chosen the installation for other programs such as Premiere and Co.

Would it be technically possible to have your program operate on a global level?

I for 1 would be happy to pay Event Manager like prices for something like this.

Yeah I will probably deinstall the Fx Factory plugin anyway.

It is just cluttering up my effects browser!

With the Noise Industry option I am locked into a particular box even if it is operating globally on my computer!

Too much like having adverts in FCP for my liking.

If I want an effect I google and find different companies that do the same thing and try to evaluate then get what I need.

In the process I try to avoid looking at the XYZ ZYX Adverts that mysteriously pop up in my browser after googling XYZ ZYX etc

thanks

Paul

A line has 2 Sides

[finalbug.net]
[paurray.de]
[lostsensemedia.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics