Why are my videos being cropped?

Posted by FilmBase 
Why are my videos being cropped?
January 16, 2013 04:00PM
My exported videos are being cropped and I can't figure out why. Please bear with me as I try to explain this.

In FCP X (10.0.7) I'll import my Canon 7D files with the Transcoding Preference>Create Optimized Media checked giving me ProRes 422 1920x1080 files. I'll edit my sequence and export using Share>Master File (default).

Opening in QuickTimeX and bringing up the Movie Inspector it states Format: ProRes 422 1920x1080 and Current Size: 1920x1080 (Actual). *Not cropped

Conversely, if I export the sequence using Send To Compressor then choosing ProRes 422 from Apple's presets the result in QuickTimeX Movie Inspector then states Format: ProRes 422 1920x1080 (1888x1062) and Current Size: 1888x1062 (Actual). *Cropped

Why is Compressor (4.0.6) cropping my video?

I've tried creating my own setting in Compressor and adjusting the Frame Size and Pixel Aspect in the Geometry tab to different settings and it always comes out cropped.

What am I doing wrong?

-- Jeff

MacPro 2x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel
12GB RAM
OS X 10.8.2
Re: Why are my videos being cropped?
January 16, 2013 11:41PM
The frame size is being encoded correctly but Compressor is adding additional metadata that is causing QuickTime Player to crop the image. See here for more details:
[www.digitalrebellion.com]

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
January 17, 2013 04:27PM
Jon, please don't take this the wrong way but... I love you!

Thank you so much for the link and the enlightenment. This has been bugging me for so long and I can't tell you how many times I went to bed crying because I couldn't figure it out.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

-- Jeff
January 24, 2013 04:12PM
Same here. Thanks for the tip!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics