importing edited films from tape

Posted by whizbard 
importing edited films from tape
January 17, 2013 06:41AM
A client wants me to update in the new version a film I made last year on Final Cut Express in Snow Leopard. The only master of this film I have is on HDV mini cassette. Now Final Cut Pro X in Mountain Lion breaks the film up by shots, losing some frames of picture and sound with every cut. It even arranges them in the event library, not in the edited order of the film but by date and time of shooting. This does not facilitate reediting. I tried recapturing through Final Cut express but apparently that's no longer possible under Mountain Lion. Does anyone have a solution?
Re: importing edited films from tape
January 19, 2013 07:49AM
I have never captured a tape with FCP X.

To the best of my knowledge there is no way of turning this Meta Data detection off inside FCP X.

It will automatically break up material depending on when it was shot whilst capturing!

In the Events Library if I switch to the List view I can see the time code.

I can then Click where start is written in the column above the time code to sort by, well, start timecode!

So theoretically I could sort the column and drag every thing into the timeline and it should work!

I could imagine that even if you were not missing frames you would still hear sound cuts!?!

FCP Express should theoretically work on Mountain Lion although I have not tried this either!

What was the problem with FCP Express?

A line has 2 Sides

[finalbug.net]
[paurray.de]
[lostsensemedia.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics