FCP X Future

Posted by Rui Barros 
FCP X Future
May 29, 2013 03:54PM
Been away for some time.
I hope everyone is ok.

After providing training and editing on FCP X i can say that the tool promises to be a good NLE.
Still it has a long way to reach the wonders of the 7.
What is the future of the "X"? Since its long release more than a year ago, the actual version hasn't reached 1.1.
Why is Apple keeping the "baby X" from growing and getting more skilled?

Best

Rui Barros
Editor Colorist Trainer
Lisbon, Portugal
RTP Post-Production
Apple Certified Trainer FCP 7
Apple Certified Pro FCP 7
Re: FCP X Future
May 29, 2013 04:08PM
"Since its long release more than a year ago"

Not sure what this means. We are up to v 10.0.8, that's nine releases including the original, at an average rate of 2.5 months per release. Multicam was released in 10.0.3. 10.0.6 was a major rewrite. It took, I think, about seven years before legacy FCP introduced multicam editing.

All the best,

Tom
Re: FCP X Future
May 31, 2013 01:34AM
I used Final Cut Express for a few years, and held off on FCPX until last month when I talked to one of the video guys at my local Apple Store. He said FCPX is so much faster that FCE, and imported so much better, there is no contest, so I went for it and bought 10.0.8.

It took a few tries to get past the awkward starting procedures, but once I got to editing, wow, what an amazing difference. I used to hesitate every time I thought about tweaking a project I was doing in FCE, but I jump right in and fly through changes in FCPX. I'm fully sold on it and won't look back.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics