First Logic Pro X Manual available

Posted by Edgar_Rothermich 
First Logic Pro X Manual available
November 18, 2013 06:35PM
To all the FCPx users who use Logic to make or mix music for their FCPx Project and struggle with this app, I've just released my new manual "Logic Pro X - How it Works"
This is not only the first manual available for LPX, it is the most comprehensive one. On 359 letter size, full color pages, I explain the app in great detail with additional background information that is often required to fully understand specific features. Many of the information in my book regarding the functionality of Logic Pro X is found neither in the official documentation nor anywhere else.

If you have read any of my FCPx books in my "Graphically Enhanced Manuals" series, then you are familiar with my uniques style of writing manuals. If not, then check out some of the screenshots of the book on my website and you will understand that this will go deep and you will hopefully appreciate how much time and effort I put in the book creating diagrams and graphics to explain and demonstrate even complex features and concepts in Logic.

http://DIngDingMusic.com/Manuals/

Thanks for checking it out, hope you like it.

Edgar Rothermich
(MacPro 8core, 16GM RAM, Fireface800, Euphonix MC Control, Logic Pro, FCPx)
www.DingDingMusic.com
Re: First Logic Pro X Manual available
November 19, 2013 01:54PM
Excellent Edgar. Thank you.

Michael Horton
-------------------
November 26, 2013 02:28PM
The Amazon website has activated the "Look Inside" feature on my book. Now you can browse through the book to find out how much information is packed in that manual and learn more about my unique style of Graphically Enhanced Manuals (if you are not familiar with yet).
Amazon still has a 37% discount on the printed book as of today.
Click on the Amazon button on my website [DingDingMusic.com]

Thanks

Edgar Rothermich
www.DingDingMusic.com
December 13, 2013 11:30PM
Finally, my Logic book "Logic Pro X - How it Works" is now available on Apple's iBookstore. Please click on the iBooks link on my website
[DingDingMusic.com]

Please note, this is an interactive Multi-Touch eBook (not a text-based Kindle style ePub format). It can be viewed with the iBooks app on the iPad and now also with the new iBooks app on your Mac (running OSX 10.9).
The approval process with Apple took a little longer and I used the time to correct more typos and some minor errors. This new update should be posted hopefully soon and will update through the iBookstore Notification system.
The new version will also include the more complete (graphically enhanced) Glossary with 400 words hyperlinked throughout the book. You can even learn Logic non-linear, going through the Glossary.

Thanks for your interest and don't forget to rate the book

Thanks

Edgar Rothermich
www.DingDingMusic.com
December 25, 2013 08:29PM
I just updated my Manual "Logic Pro X - How it Works" to reflect the changes of the latest Logic release 10.0.5 (plus a lot of typos and smaller errors)
Current customers who bought the pdf version should have received already an email with the free update.

Here is a list of new features that I now explain in the manual:
    New Drummers
    New EQ button in Smart Controls
    New Link Mode in Piano Roll (One Track, Selected Regions)
    New "Simple Mode" for Metronome
    New "Loop Family" and GUI changes in Apple Loops
    New "My Info" tab in Preferences
    New iTunes Playlist field in Share window
    New "Musical Typing" routing
    New download into "GarageBand Mode" behavior

eBook verson (iBookstore)
The update for this Logic book on the iBookstore is delayed because Apple won't accept any new uploads until Dec28 due to maintenance. As with any eBook updates, customers will see a Notification in their iBooks app to download the new version for free when it's available.

Printed book version (Amazon)
All my books on Amazon are made available through the Print-on-Demand service by their sister company CreateSpace. One advantage of that concept is that any books are also up-to-date at any time. Once I have a new pdf file ready, it will be available as a printed book within 24 hours. There are no warehouses with old, previously printed, books that have to be sold first. My Logic book on Amazon is the current one based on the brand new Logic v10.0.5
BTW, as of today the book is still on sale with 47% off the regular price.

Edgar Rothermich
www.DingDingMusic.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics