Academy Leader

Academy Leader
February 05, 2014 08:50PM
Is there a how-to guideline posted on the forums here, or can anyone help list the steps for putting Academy Leader on the head of a reel using FCPX? I have a Pix-to-Sound Deliverables guideline I share with editors, but I was just informed it is only good through FCP 7, and this editor is using FCPX. I'm a post sound editor, and not savvy with FCPX.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!!
Chriss

P.S. It's my understanding that Academy Leader is spliced in at the head of a sequence, is it not the same in FCPX? I couldn't argue my point with the editor since I am not familiar with using FCPX, and he is telling me it is different than in 7. ?
Re: Academy Leader
February 26, 2014 10:55AM
FCP has a feature that can put a countdown on tape outputs. Is that what you are referencing?

You can also, if course, just edit a clip of a countdown at the top of the program as well. Do you need a full countdown or academy leader? Often for sound sync reference a "2 pop" is sufficient. That is just a frame of some sort of graphic and a frame of tone placed 2 seconds before the program content to confirm sync on the layback. Bonus points for putting another similar audio video mark at the end to confirm that the audio was at the right rate and didn't drift.

-Vance
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics