Positioning titles - two different ways; looking for a default reset?

Posted by Ben Ged Low 
Positioning titles - two different ways; looking for a default reset?
February 06, 2015 12:13PM
One hour film. Tons of sub-titles. The editor positioned the titles either by highlighting the text and dragging it into position, by eye, or by trying to position it in the Inspector by hitting the return key a half dozen times. Ouch.

So I've cleaned up all the empty lines in the Inspector ... so each line of text actually starts at the top of the page, so to speak, in the Inspector. Which puts the text somewhere in the middle of the text frame. But the text that was set by the dragging method in the View Window is still roughly down at the bottom of the frame.

When I position titles myself, I use the transform key and position NOT the title, but the box/frame the title is in. Thus once I've positioned the first title I can copy it and assign the position to all the subsequent sub-titles at once. One click.

In this film the sub-titles are all laid in by eye and erratic ... using that 'other' method of highlighting text in the View Window and just dragging it wherever. I can't position one correctly and COPY this position to all the other clips. And I have no idea how to reset the titles to some default position, that would allow me to use the 'transform' tool to do a universal positioning.

IS THERE SOME WAY TO PUT THE MOVED TEXT BACK TO ITS ORIGINAL DEFAULT POSITION? Not having any luck with Apple or the manual, or other Forums.

All ears, Ben
Re: Positioning titles - two different ways; looking for a default reset?
February 08, 2015 08:36AM
Export a XML and remove the positions tag.
If you don't know how to do you can send me the XML. (kiel at spherico dot com)

- Andreas
Re: Positioning titles - two different ways; looking for a default reset?
February 08, 2015 12:38PM
Thank you Andreas,

I was hoping there was a one click solution built in. What I did, was re-position all the titles to the centre, with the yellow cross-hairs (one by one I'm afraid). Then I could do a transform positioning.

But I should learn how to do your technique. In fact, I've got two more fifteen minute segments to complete ... so I may just take you up on your offer. Though I'd love to know who to find that 'positions' tag for the text myself.

Will respond further after FCP masters out this now completed segment.

Very much appreciated,

Ben
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics