OT: Beta update for X-Title Extractor for Final Cut Pro X

Posted by Andreas Kiel 
OT: Beta update for X-Title Extractor for Final Cut Pro X
February 14, 2015 04:41AM
I've created a new version of X-Title Extractor – it's beta.

The older versions were all based upon the release of FCPX 10.0.1 which had a poor XML support. Later versions added the XML features of 10.1.x. So the app became quite a moloch.
So I rewrote finally more or less the complete app. It doesn't do the complicated analyze of Motion Titles any more. That makes it faster and also independent of the installed templates.
Main thing though is that the complete timing stuff is rewritten from ground up, All apps which do a kind of same job as X-Title Extractor do have trouble to get the correct timing of titles out of a project XML. That's why X-Title Extractor required an XML with subtitles only in the past to keep correct timing. With the new version this is not needed anymore – you will get the correct timing for each subtitle right out of a project. Subtitles in compound clips will be ignored. Transitions for subtitles will be handled the FCPX way. This means the subtitle timing will use the FCPX subtitle times for fade in/out or cross fade.

As said, it's beta.
So several of the interface things are not connected, not working or simply not there. The help is not updated yet. The main things (standard import/export) are working.
For me it would be very important to test subtitle timings and get some feedback. From the tests we had run it's world's finest app for this purpose – just a joke smiling smiley

Final features will include:
Project selection out of an event XML.
Extended WebVTT support.
Probably "color to speaker" option. If you don't know what that means drop me an email.
SBV support.
Maybe optional DCP (Interop, SMPTE) support, this depends on feedback.
Options to check for broadcast subtitles (character count per line, words per minute, characters per second, subtitle length etc).
Support for Digital Heaven DH_SubtitleX.

To download this beta go to:
[dl.dropboxusercontent.com]

Feedback is appreciated.

- Andreas

Some workflow tools for FCP [www.spherico.com]
TitleExchange -- juggle titles within FCS, FCPX and many other apps.
[www.spherico.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics