HELP! FCPX 10.2.2 Crashes After Publishing Motion 4 Title with Motion 5

Posted by Gary Sumlak 
HELP! FCPX 10.2.2 Crashes After Publishing Motion 4 Title with Motion 5
October 05, 2015 08:26PM
I have posted this problem in Apple discussions, and despite numerous views, there has not been even one reply. I hope that someone here can shed some light on my problem.

1. In Motion 5, I opened a Motion 4 title that I had created.
  2. Clicked the Play button and everything looked and worked fine.
  3. Then went to the menu File/Publish Template.
  4. Filed out all information, but as soon as I clicked on "Publish as Final Cut Generator", the Publish button is was disabled.
  5. Uncheck "Publish as Final Cut Generator" and Publish button became enable, so I clicked on the Publish button.
  6. Went to launch FCPX and after about 5 seconds (no splash screen), FCPX crashes.
  7. Repeated launching of FCPX, with or without Option key, result in always crashing.
  8. Used Digital Rebellion's Crash Analyzer and it tells me that the crash appears to caused by a Motion Effect and refers to the line "2 com.apple.Motion.effect 0x000000010bf5126b __33+[FFMotionEffect registerEffects]_block_invoke + 334"
  9. Ran the Housekeeping procedure, and deleted the template I published from the "~/Movies/Motion Templates" folder.
  10. Tried launching FCPX and still crashes with same error reported by Crash Analyzer.

I have exhausted every method I can think of to fix this problem, but at this point, FCPX is completely dead.

Is there some other location that the effect may be hiding, or pref file that I can delete to get FCPX working again?

I have attached a link to the full crash report in hopes that it will give someone a clue as to how I can fix the problem.
[dl.dropboxusercontent.com]

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

TIA

iMax 27" late 2009
Mac OS X 10.10.5

Thanks
Gary Sumlak
thumbprints Multimedia Inc.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
[www.thumbprints.ca]

*** Superior Film Transfers at a Reasonable Price ***
Re: HELP! FCPX 10.2.2 Crashes After Publishing Motion 4 Title with Motion 5
October 05, 2015 11:44PM
Seeing as you're using Pro Maintenance Tools, can you check Plugin Manager to see if the motion template is listed? If so, you can delete it directly from Plugin Manager.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
Re: HELP! FCPX 10.2.2 Crashes After Publishing Motion 4 Title with Motion 5
October 06, 2015 02:38AM
OK. There was nothing in the plugins, BUT, I deleted the only library I had and moved it to another location. When I launched FCPX again, I got the splash screen, where upon I was asked to upgrade my old libraries because as of FCXP 10.1, all projects and effects are stored in a library.

Since I was able to get to the startup splash, I am thinking that after I had published the title, that title was corrupted and was saved in the project library. When FCPX scanned the library with the title, it caused the crash.

Supposition, Yes, but I will experiment to see if I can reproduce the problem..... but first a Time Machine/SuperDuper Backup.

Thank you very much for the reply.

Thanks
Gary Sumlak
thumbprints Multimedia Inc.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
[www.thumbprints.ca]

*** Superior Film Transfers at a Reasonable Price ***
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics