FCP 10.2 update from 10.1 and projs are missing... Can I go back to 10.1
October 21, 2015 03:58PM
Hello,

I updated to FCP 10.2 after working in 10.1 for a year or so. After the update, all my project files were missing.

I made sure to have "final cut projects" and "final cut events" at root level on my external RAID (as recommended in an Apple post by Tom Wolsky) and as well at top level in "movies" on system drive. No luck.

I did use "locate" when I chose to "update projects and events" and found one and manually updated it. When it came into FCP it had many unlinked clips (which I didn't relink) but even the ones present were not viewable when I scrubbed or played outright.

* In this project I had had numerous compound clips and I stress it because this is where I did most of my work so that I'd have all these versions sitting w/in a single project. None of those are visible. Am I screwed?

** Also, when I updated I opted to "save older projects and events". So, my ultimate question (that is, if I cannot retrieve all my compound clips and smart collections/folders): Can I ditch 10.2 and go back to 10.1?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Humbly perplexed, mortified and distressed...

Una
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics