PIP with MultiCam

Posted by mhnfcpx 
PIP with MultiCam
June 28, 2016 11:32AM
In FCP version 7 I was able to do Picture In Picture in a MultiCam edit. This is the senerio:

I have a dance recital where one camera is wide and the other is very tight on one dancer.
I transform the close up camera to a smaller box and move it up to the top left corner.
This "Exposes" the other camera's view and gives me PIP!!

This is all possible because FCP7's MultiCam UI provided me with both angles. In FCPX, there is only one angle in the Timeline.

I have struggled with attempting to do this in FCPX but I just can't figure it out.

Thanks for solutions to this
Re: PIP with MultiCam
June 28, 2016 12:33PM
In FCP7 Multicam you had basically the same situation if you edited a Multicam clip into a project.

In FCPX you can either stack the two shots on top of each other and manually sync them. Then set the upper clip to be frame in PIP as you like.

The other option, which gives you more control and flexibility, is to put two copies of the Multicam clip onto the project, one on top of the other. Set one Multicam clip on the primary storyline to show the wide angle. Set the connected Multicam clip to show the close-up and frame it into the PIP. This gives you the option to easily switch the two angles at any time because both Multicam clips have the shots built into them.

All the best,

Tom
Re: PIP with MultiCam
June 29, 2016 12:45AM
Tom,
Sounds like a good solution. I will try it

Thanks for the reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics