unable to view clips when trying to import AVCHD on SD card into FCPX project

Posted by reubena 
unable to view clips when trying to import AVCHD on SD card into FCPX project
August 23, 2016 02:52PM
i can view the clips on my powerbook that also has FCPX but for some reason they won't open on my desktop iMac where i usually edit.
Re: unable to view clips when trying to import AVCHD on SD card into FCPX project
August 23, 2016 03:03PM
I think you may need to clarify software and system OS versions.
I don't think a PowerBook can run any recent Mac OS let alone FCPX.
Re: unable to view clips when trying to import AVCHD on SD card into FCPX project
August 23, 2016 04:54PM
sorry: it isn't powerbook, it's a Macbook Pro. and i have same current versions of FCPX on both.
the SD card with clips opens automatically as it should on the Macbook Pro but nothing comes up when the card is in the iMac.
and it used to open up just fine.
my workaround is time consuming: i have to bring the clips onto the desktop of the iMac and then search for the clips when importing by going to the harddrive of the iMac and then desktop. sometimes it works, sometimes not.

thanks so much for trying to help...

r
August 24, 2016 09:40AM
Is this the SAME CARD and MEDIA? Keep in mind files can become corrupt. One recording fine and the next bad. FCPX needs to see the metadata INTACT or it will not identify it as proper source media.
I never open cards directly. I use FCPX Camera Archive first. I then know I'm working from a verified copy. FCPX will see it as a camera card.
August 24, 2016 04:11PM
thanks for writing back: very generous.
this is a consistent problem for various SD cards. And the clips open properly on my Macbook Pro just not on the iMac.

something faulty going on in my IMac vs. in my FCPX on my iMac?

r
August 24, 2016 04:35PM
It's not clear how you're trying to open the cards. Built in Card Reader? External Card Reader? Straight from Camera via USB? Do the cards mount on your Desktop?
It's still not clear what versions of OS and FCPX you're using on each computer.
You need to explain what you mean by "clips wont' open on my desktop" as this would have nothing to do with FCPX>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics