Colorist needed- Job filled

Posted by tc 
tc
Colorist needed- Job filled
August 31, 2007 03:59PM
Hi-

I'm looking for a colorist (not necessarily in Color, but definitely in FCP 6) to color correct and grade a 12 minute short film shot on DVCPRO 50. Looking for a well balanced theatrical quality output.

EDIT- 090307
Just so you know- we don't have unrealistic expectations of turning video into film-
the footage looks pretty darn good- but we need to even out the lighting and color for optimum viewing for both projection and TV viewing.

Reply via email or my office phone, 323.960.4965

Thanks.

tc
Re: Colorist needed- Job filled
September 06, 2007 06:05PM
Hello TC,

I am an experienced feature colorist using Color, FCP, and other color grading platforms. Please provide contact info either on list or using my info pasted below. I can provide reel.
ROBERT S. DOUGLAS
EDITOR/COLORIST

8592 Doremere Drive
Huntington Beach
California 92646
714-963-5295
714-658-8962
dreemkchr@msn.com

WORK EXPERIENCE:

4/2005 ? 11/2006
Employed by The Camera House as Post Production Supervisor. Duties included creation of the post production department, oversight and management of all commercial and feature film post production including dallies creation, editing, data archiving, color correction, and master delivery. While at The Camera House I implemented all post production hardware purchases and designed the post production workflow for Viper film stream digital cinema as well as film originated projects. In addition to Post Production Supervisor, I performed Supervising Editor and all Colorist duties.

7/2002 ? 4/2005
Laser Pacific Media Corporation and Sunset Digital employed as Freelance Online Editor. Duties include editing and assembling, color correction of episodic television and feature films, film trailers, promotions, and commercials, as well as titling, color correction, and optical special effects. Programs are mastered for network delivery or finished as a step in the postproduction process.

8/1996 ? 7/2002
Technicolor/Complete Post Production Center employed as Staff Editor. Duties included online editing and color correction of episodic television, feature films, and commercials for network delivery.

5/1995 ? 8/1996
Employed as Freelance Editor working for 20th Century Fox Sports Promotions, Hollywood Digital, Technicolor/Complete Post Production Center, and KCET Public Broadcasting Television.

1/92 ? 5/95
The Post Group, employed as Staff Editor. Duties included offline editing and online finishing of episodic television, Feature Film, Music Video, and Concert programs.

9/1988 ? 1/1992
Cream Cheese Productions, employed as Staff Editor for offline and online editing of all music videos and music concerts.

10/1987 ? 9/1988
Employed as Freelance Editor working for 525 Post Production and Vision Industries. Programs included commercials and music videos (525 Post), and action sports (Vision Industries).

7/1985 ? 10/1987
Visions Ltd., London, England. Employed as Assistant Editor.

Knowledge Base:

Although I am very experienced with Apple Final Cut Pro, I also use Assimilate Scratch for final conform and color correction of 2k resolution films. I am also familiar with Avid editing systems and Autodesk Smoke/Fire online editorial systems. Other color correction software that I use include Apple Color and Synthetic Aperture?s Color Finesse, as well as Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, and Apple Shake for compositing.

References, credits, or demo reel available upon request.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics