assistant editor jobs?

Posted by dan 
dan
assistant editor jobs?
September 12, 2007 04:05PM
ok so im looking for an assistant editor job. i have been using final cut for about 4 years now. currently i work in the vault of a small commercial production company. im burnt out on it. before this job i was at a large commercial/music video production company for 2 years. it had its negatives but i did get to edit some things for directors like their directors cut version, and montages/pitches for them to help them get jobs. i have had some paying gigs as an editor (music video, wedding etc) but im not established enough where i can make a living off freelance. so im looking for an assistant editor job. i know the hours can be long and its mainly just importing but you have to start somewhere. im open to any shift and working weekends is fine. where should i be looking? any ideas?

thanks
Re: assistant editor jobs?
September 12, 2007 04:14PM
Dan....post an email address and I will send you some companies you could try if you are interested in companies that do TV - reality, History / Discovery channel etc style docs and lifestyle type shows (generally cable stuff).

Ewoo
dan
September 12, 2007 06:18PM
hey ewoo

i sent you a private message with my email address if you dont get it let me know

and anyone else that knows of anything please feel free to throw your 2 cents in
September 13, 2007 08:08AM
Try RealityStaff.com - I always see jobs for AE's on there.
dan
September 13, 2007 01:47PM
thanks rick ill check it out
March 04, 2008 02:41PM
Hey All,

I'm wondering the same thing about assistant editor jobs. Ewoo said he had a list and I guess he sent it to Dan, but it would be great if someone could post some places for the rest of us to investigate.

Rick was kind enough to post the link to RealityStaff.com, but I am specifically wondering about non-reality tv or films. I particularly would like to work for companies that do editing for companies like HBO, Showtime, Comedy Central, Miramax, Sony Pictures Classics... Is there any chance of getting work with such companies without an AFI degree?

Also, if there are any Final Cut Editor's out there working on projects that need an assistant feel free to contact me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics