Adobe Premiere CS5.5 - Multi-cam mode

Posted by chrismrash 
Adobe Premiere CS5.5 - Multi-cam mode
February 24, 2012 01:30PM
I've always been a Final Cut guy and making multi-clips is like second nature to me. Recently I've been learning Premiere Pro, which is an awesome tool, but I'm a little confused about multi-cam editing the documentation from Adobe isn't great.

Is it true that you can only do 4 cameras in a multi-clip? That would seem to rule out Premiere for Reality TV post.

What's the best way to create multi-clips from cameras that aren't jam-synced? Who has the best tutorials out there?
Re: Adobe Premiere CS5.5 - Multi-cam mode
February 24, 2012 06:02PM
Adobe TV is usually quite good. Here's one from Jason Levine [tv.adobe.com]

Also, as everyone knows, Premiere is just about due for an update, and with the number of FCP editors switching to them, it's probable there will be lots of changes and improvements.

February 25, 2012 07:40PM
Thanks for the link, Jude. It seems simple enough. I'm more used to the Final Cut method of cutting with multiple cameras, but this method doesn't seem any better or worse -- just a little different.

It is kind of surprising that it's limited to four cameras, but I guess I can wait to see what the next version offers. Overall, I'm really excited about what Premiere offers and I wish I'd jumped in sooner. Even though Avid will probably pick up most of the business FCP loses, I would definitely like to implement an Adobe workflow on future shows.
February 25, 2012 09:27PM
CS 5.5 came out at NAB 2011, before FCPX was even announced, so they haven't really responded to it yet. I don't know what they're planning but I do know that their forum has been inundated with Mac users posting bug reports and feature requests, so I hope they've been listening.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
April 12, 2012 12:28AM
Here's the news and a tutorial re Multicam in PP6

Unlimited cams, dependant only on your system capabilities. Yay!

April 20, 2012 08:39PM
Jude Cotter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here's the news and a tutorial re Multicam in
> PP6
>
>
>
> Unlimited cams, dependant only on your system
> capabilities. Yay!

Awesome. Thanks, Jude. Really looking forward to trying out CS6.
April 20, 2012 08:46PM
CS6 Premiere will be at lafcpug April 25 if u live in LA

Michael Horton
-------------------
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics