PP CS6 and AVCHD

Posted by Jude Cotter 
PP CS6 and AVCHD
October 23, 2012 07:34AM
Someone was asking the other day how CS6 handled AVCHD. I haven't had a chance to try and yet but today I had to cut a job off an external USB drive (one of those little 'passport' numbers) and it was all fine, right from the copied cards.

I think the footage came off a FS100. It was mixed in a AVCHD MTS 1080 25p timeline with some smaller frame mp4s with no problem. All played in real time, even with rate adjustments. The only way I knew any different from anything else Ive been cutting is it was a bit laggy to start playing backwards on the timeline.

There is a bit of time when you first ingest the material where it generates peak files and stuff, but it's WAY quicker than transcoding, and still stable.

Re: PP CS6 and AVCHD
October 23, 2012 11:42AM
I seem to recall some issues with Premiere and OS X 10.8 because of the way OS X presents mounted AVCHD volumes. I'm not sure if this issue was fixed yet.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
Re: PP CS6 and AVCHD
October 23, 2012 05:46PM
Yup. The issue was that you couldn't re-link to AVCHD if the files went offline. Fixed.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics