Adobe Premiere: How to drop a marker on a source clip while playing it in the timeline?

Posted by TalC 
Adobe Premiere: How to drop a marker on a source clip while playing it in the timeline?
August 17, 2013 07:48PM
Hi guys,
I havent been in a NLE for years, and have forgotten so much. Fair warning.

I have timeline with all the synced video/audio. My method for logging to drop markers on interesting comments as the clip plays, then go back later and make subclips. In many instances the camera audio is so bad that I have no choice but to play the clip in the timeline with the synced boom audio. However when I hit M for a marker, it drops it on the timeline, not the clip itself. This is useless to me, as I am still moving clips around a bit to finetune the sync. Does anyone know a simple solution to this issue? THANKS!

Tal
Re: Adobe Premiere: How to drop a marker on a source clip while playing it in the timeline?
August 17, 2013 08:13PM
Which version of Premiere are you using? There have been a number of changes with markers in the past few versions, although generally when you're playing a timeline, keystrokes you make will apply to the timeline itself, not clips on the timeline.

Could you match frame to add the marker on the clip as you go?

Re: Adobe Premiere: How to drop a marker on a source clip while playing it in the timeline?
August 17, 2013 08:31PM
There is a separate shortcut for “add clip marker”.

www.strypesinpost.com
August 17, 2013 11:48PM
What is it, Strypes? I couldn't find it in the keyboard shortcuts.

Oh, wait, I found it. I changed it to 'c' in my keyboard shortcuts and it does work in the timeline on a clip while playing. One caveat - you need to expand the track to see the markers on clips in the timeline in CC. You can do this by double clicking the grey area to the right of the small eye on each track.

August 17, 2013 11:51PM
I have it mapped to shift M. You can select the clip in the middle of playback and add a clip marker. Unfortunately you can't name it without stopping playback.

To add a marker to a clip in the Timeline, do the following:

Set up a keyboard shortcut for "Add Clip Marker" in Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts (Windows), or Premiere Pro > Keyboard Shortcuts (Mac OS).
Select the clip.
Place the Playhead where you want to place the marker.
Press the keyboard shortcut you just created for "Add Clip Marker."

[helpx.adobe.com]

www.strypesinpost.com
August 18, 2013 03:56AM
I didnt realize you edited the post earlier.

>You can do this by double clicking the grey area to the right of the small eye on each track.

Also, click the wrench icon near the top left of the timeline panel and make sure clip markers is set to display.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics