Transcode FS7 sLog MXF footage to ProRes422 Rec 709-- simple or difficult?

Posted by Loren Miller 
Transcode FS7 sLog MXF footage to ProRes422 Rec 709-- simple or difficult?
January 14, 2018 06:09AM
Hi, Folks-

Well, I've encountered my first sLog flat mxf footage.

The goal is to transcode it to ProRes 422 in HD's REC 709 colorspace, you know, so I can edit. That's right folks, we're back to one-light workprints.

Want to do it one operation and one app: Premiere Pro (with Media Encoder crunching in the background).

One idea was to built a Post LUT .cube file and find a way to introduce that during the transcode and avoid applying it as a post effect. Just get it all done ahead of time with reference colorspace baked in.

I found a great little utility called LUTCalc which generates such a file, so I did, and installed it in the Premiere Pro app>Show Package Contents>Lumetri>Technical folder.

Thus far I can't figgur out how to add the cube file to a Transcode operation!

Anybody done it? Or any part of it, successfully? Step by step available somewhere?

Best, as always.
Loren
Re: Transcode FS7 sLog MXF footage to ProRes422 Rec 709-- simple or difficult?
March 13, 2018 09:06AM
Followup-

Sorry of the delay-- LUTCalc files can be installed in PPro's Lumetri color folder.
You can choose yours or any other available form a dropdown list.

Worked like a charm-- although this IS a post operation.

Best, as always.
Loren S. Miller
May 04, 2018 07:05AM
Yeah just add them as a LUT from one of two menus in Lumetri. There's one in the 'Basic Correction' tab and one in the 'Creative' tab. It doesn't really matter which one you choose if it gives you the look you need. Also, there's tons of free LUTs out there to give you a great range of instant (or startup) looks.

May 31, 2018 11:13AM
Thanks, Jude!

Best, as always.
Loren S. Miller
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics