learning premiere pro on a pc??
July 21, 2011 04:37AM
I never thought I would be asking this. Does anybody know of a good online learning resource to help me learn premiere pro CS5 on a PC? Thanks.
learning premiere pro on a pc??
July 21, 2011 05:02AM
-- moved topic --
Re: learning premiere pro on a pc??
July 21, 2011 05:04AM
Why a pc in particular? It's a cross platform application.

July 21, 2011 06:05AM
You can download the book "An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro" from Richard Harrington, Robbie Carmen and Jeff Greenberg. That's the book I'm reading, though I have the physical book because it comes with a DVD loaded with extra materials and chapter files.

It covers both Mac / Windows because there's really no difference between the two, just a few of the keyboard keys are different.

That cross platform deal is one of the reasons I'm really liking both Avid and Adobe. We're installing Windows 7 in one of our machines at the shop for testing.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
biscardicreative.com
July 21, 2011 02:35PM
Oh god...whole world of crap in the PC world. Yeah it's cross platform but many things can screw you in different ways on the PC that do not exist on the Mac. They do not troubleshoot the same at all. It is so huge there are separate Mac / PC forums on Avid's site...and the PC side is twice as full of issues. Man I this forum stays Mac-dominant and doesn't go PC. May want to consider starting an "The Other NLE's - PC" forum if that happens.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

July 21, 2011 03:13PM
grafixjoe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is so huge there are separate Mac / PC forums
> on Avid's site...and the PC side is twice as full
> of issues.

Could that be because there are more PC users though?

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
July 22, 2011 01:13AM
Could be Jon...

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

July 22, 2011 02:08AM
It could be either more users or more issues. Let's face it. There are more daddies cutting kids birthday parties than there are pro editors. Also, with a garden variety of components for a PC, you run into more issues.

www.strypesinpost.com
August 05, 2011 10:44AM
Not long ago, I wrote a blog post for Getting Started with Editing in Premiere Pro. Check it out here: [blogs.adobe.com]

I like the training from Learn by Video: [www.video2brain.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics