'noisy' capture in Premiere

Posted by Jude Cotter 
'noisy' capture in Premiere
August 05, 2011 07:44PM
One of my regular camera guys borrowed my old DSR-25 yesterday for a group doing a job for a local channel - like, one of those 'student' channels. Apparently they were on Premiere. That's pretty much all I know about their end.

Anyway, my camo rang me and said that the capture had turned out 'noisy' in Premiere. Since they were capturing via firewire and he said that the footage looked fine right out of the camera on a broadcast monitor, I can only assume the problem must have been in Premiere. My guess was that they were viewing a proxy, since he said they didn't really seem to know what they were doing.

Could it have been anything else obvious? I know the details are very thin. Just wondering if my assessment (about a product I barely know, and a setup I haven't seen) would be likely.

Re: 'noisy' capture in Premiere
August 05, 2011 11:00PM
Hmm. Interesting. A friend of mine just told me that Premiere an not show a full resolution preview of your cut. I'm assuming you can get pretty close, but apparently not all the way to full res during cutting.

August 09, 2011 02:15PM
Not true, you can set your playback resolution to Full, 1/2, 1/4 or even less depending on the footage. Right-click on the Program monitor (Canvas) and make sure it is set to full. Have them check that.

The lower playback resolution is rather like setting Unlimited RT to High, Med or Low quality.
August 09, 2011 02:43PM
Jude Cotter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hmm. Interesting. A friend of mine just told me
> that Premiere an not show a full resolution
> preview of your cut. I'm assuming you can get
> pretty close, but apparently not all the way to
> full res during cutting.

What?! Sure it can. I've been looking at full resolution 720p and 1080i HD video from Adobe Premiere for three weeks now.

Have no idea what this friend is talking about but he / she is badly mistaken. Probably doesn't understand how to work the Playback Resolution settings and / or does not have their output video card set up correctly.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
biscardicreative.com
August 09, 2011 07:56PM
Ok cool. This was not a thing that was bothering me overly. As long as my broadcast monitor is correct, I don't really care about the canvas. I did notice the 'full' thing, and that's why I figured these guys were watching a proxy that was possibly producing noise.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics