CS 5.5 / Nvidia / Mac Pro (3.1) question
August 31, 2011 07:13PM
I'm trying to find an answer to a compatibility question with my Mac Pro (3.1) and Nvidia.

I looked at the Adobe tech req's website (http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/tech-specs.html) BUT...

It says:
"Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support"

The 64 bit "support" has me thrown off.

I'm running a Mac Pro (3.1) Quad Core Intel Xeon 2 x 2.8 with 8GB Ram and OSX 10.5.8. So I'm pretty sure that my processor is only capable of 32bit... Does this mean I cannot run CS 5.5 or an NVidia Quadro 4000 graphics card??
If I can run the software & use the Nvidia graphics card - will I be able to take full advantage of the software if my machine can only run 32bit?

Many thanks in advance!!

Adrian

Think solutions!
Re: CS 5.5 / Nvidia / Mac Pro (3.1) question
August 31, 2011 08:06PM
All Mac Pros have 64-bit processors and OS X 10.5 is capable of running 64-bit software. However, you will get better performance by running it on Snow Leopard.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics